Chapter 25: She is all that:

~Chapter Song: Little Things, One Direction~

As two sheep were about to walk into the wolf's mouth, he went to knock on the door. Helpless. That's what we were.

My dad opened the door before Cameron even knocked and said, "Come on in."

He looked a bit tight, but I guess it was an excuse for the situation. He had just found out that his daughter has been secretly dating the guy he counted like a son, and had known since he was born, for two months now. Wasn't exactly a situation I expected him to be comfortable with.

We sat down on the couch. I made sure there was enough space between us, so we wouldn't make anyone feel any more uncomfortable than they already were. All of the parents were standing in front of us with their stares locked. David was sitting in a chair in the living room, also watching us.

"So...", Cameron's dad started saying, "you two are...", he pointed at each of us with his index finger.

"Yep.", I said trying to help a bit.

"We are dating.", Cameron said and scouted closer; our shoulders brushed.

"Yeah, no shit.", his mother said, and I fought the urge to laugh, "We got that part but how?"

None of us answered. We knew the story, I made him rehearse it over and over again on the car to school, just to be sure he wouldn't mess anything up, but now it all felt wrong. I couldn't lie to them too. Not like that, but what was the other option? Tell them the truth. Yeah, because the 'We are pretending to date, so our friends will stop trying to get us married, and we also kissed once, but that was because of the fake relationship and because your underage children drunk a bit and got caught up on the moment'.

"After the first day of school...", Cameron started saying, "...I was going to drive her home, but she took the bus. It broke in the middle of the way, and I came to pick her up, but her stubborn ass wouldn't accept my help, so I carried her in the car and took her home. After that, I started hanging out with her and her friends and saw for the first time the kind of person she is. It was like all I knew about her, in the past was... wrong. I started noticing stuff about her, that I failed to notice before. She is a smart ass, stubborn, strong, smart, and beautiful. I realized that I liked her a few days later."

That was not the story we made up. Cameron was improvising.

"We went to her best friend's birthday party, where I had a deal with Christine. She would start playing 'Perfect' which is my favorite romantic song, and force her to dance with me. So, I gave her my hand, pulled her to the dance floor, and we danced. At some point Winter's favorite romantic song. 'Everything I Do I Do It For You' started playing. Next thing I knew, we were kissing."

"Are you two...", my dad asked trying to think how to phrase his words.

"Doing it?", Cameron said clearly not being able to think of a better combination of words at the time. At the same time, I said, "Banging?"

Was either of us good at parent-sensitive conversations? No.

Did that stop us from saying the most inappropriate things, the most inappropriate time? Nope!

A high-pitched voice came from my dad, whose blood had drained from his head, "That's not what I was going to say, but oh god, have you?"

"No, no we haven't.", I assured him.

"But you've done more than... kissing?", Cameron's dad asked this time.

What our parents meant as 'kissing', they expected for their kids' relationship, was a simple peck on the lips. The kiss at the party was definitely more than a simple peck. That is why I muttered "Kind of." At the same time, Cameron said "Yes?".