Chapter 9: The Deal:

~Chapter Song: Wonder, Shawn Mendes~

Isn't it weird how some things have such an effect on us, that can change our entire mode, in a matter of seconds?

As for me, it was coffee and ice cream.

If you gave me my favorite ice cream flavors and a coffee, you could probably turn me into my favorite person. And that worked for everyone.

Everyone but Cameron.

When he offered to buy me coffee and ice cream at the closest ice cream shop in our neighborhood, 'Ice, cream and more', I gladly accepted, because... well... free food. But when (because of the offer) I didn't bring any money and had to wait there, watching the ice creams, while he was being thirty minutes late, that meant war.

His murder was second, after a dude in the robotics club and that meant a lot.

"Hey. I'm here. I'm here.", a voice that started to annoy me more than my alarm, came from behind me.

I crossed my arms over my chest and slowly turned around.

"You are late."

"I know. I know. I'm sorry, my English teach..."

I showed him my palm.

"Stop. I don't wanna hear it.", I pointed at the line of people, waiting to be served, "Buy me food."

"Yes, ma'am."

We walked to the line and -patiently- waited for our turn until we reached the strawberry blond with the pink cap.

"Hello, how can I help you today?", the overly joyed woman said from behind the registry.

I grew a grin, "Hi. He'll have a black coffee"-disgusting, I know- "and a scoop of strawberry ice cream, on a cup. I want an iced mocha and black chocolate and peanut butter in the vanilla cone."

"Coming right up.", she said, but when she glanced at the place they saved the cones, she turned back to us, "You know what? We are out of those cones here, I'll go back and check if we have any left."

"Okay, thank you. Take your time.", I said still smiling.

I faced Cameron, who was watching me like he was fascinated.

"First, wow!"

"What?"

"I can't believe you know my coffee order."

"I know everything.", I said, my 'know it all' and 'Always right' syndromes kicking in.

It's not really my fault, I'm the firstborn of a math professor, it's in my blood.

He ignored my comment, and continued, "And second, you are so nice to her."

"She has my food, Cameron."

He chuckled, shaking his head, but left the conversation there.

Fifteen minutes later, we were both sitting across each other at the table, with coffees and ice cream, and you would think we were talking about the... problems created, but nope. We were currently arguing about the best ice cream flavor, like two five-year-olds.

"It is not strawberry.", I yelled through my laugh.

"Of course, it is. It tastes like strawberries."

"Really? I thought it tasted like chocolate cake. And how is that good? You eat ice cream to have something sweet, not something that tastes like fruit."