Chapter 18: Love Hard:

~Chapter Song:  Everything I Do, I Do It For You, Bryan Adams~

It's been a month since the fake-dating thing started, and I must admit it had become easier for us. Pretending that is. We decided to break up two weeks after, Christine's birthday party -which was tonight- so she could have all the attention on her birthday.

In the meantime, we had mastered the in-love act. I made the very intelligent choice to ignore the fact that I missed Cameron when he wasn't around. I just pretended I was fine. And it worked. Or I thought it did, at the time.

We were at the coffee shop, enjoying a cup of coffee and Christine was already yelling in my ear, "Come on, you have to dress up.".

Apparently the 'I'm not wearing a costume' statement I made a month ago wasn't going to stop her.

"Cameron, back me up.", she said dropping desperate looks at Cameron.

We were sitting on the couch; his arm was resting on the back of the sofa, and I was leaning toward him. His shoulder was now something familiar, comfortable. We kept the pinkie holding thing going because it was easy. It felt right for 'us'.

"Oh, he is not going to be much help." I said to her. Cameron loved wearing a Halloween costume as much as I did. And it was a love filled with hate. He hated the whole Halloween thing. the 'trick or treat', the dressing up, the scary movie, everything. Just the fact that he would go to the party, was a miracle.

"She is right. I'm with Winnie on this one." Yep, the nickname was still going "Sorry Chris.", he gently moved me a bit away from him, to grab his coffee mug and I felt a bit... colder. Then again it was winter, and we were basically cuddling, so it was obviously going to be warmer in his arms. Right?

I glanced at Mark and Ben. He was trying to convince Mark to try one of those weird purple fruits on its plate and Mark was trying to avoid it. It was so nice to watch your friend, slightly falling in love and not realize it. He was really falling for Mark, and Mark was good for him. He helped him be braver and Ben helped Mark become more welcoming of the mess around him.

"Oh, before I forget, what's your favorite romantic song?", Christine asked taking her phone out of her bag.

"Why?", I asked, but obviously didn't get an answer.

I signed. She was capable to make a playlist for the most possible first dance songs, in our future wedding.

"Let Her Go, Passengers.", I said just to annoy them.

'Everything I Do, I Do It for You', Bryan Adams was my favorite.

Mark and Ben booed me, "That's not romantic. It's a song about a heartbreak."

I was ready for the lecture about romantic songs, but Cameron interrupted them.

"Perfect, Ed Sheeran.", oh he was good. A song about childhood friends' love. Okay, that was his point. 1-0 on romantic songs.

Christine wrote it down, satisfied with Cameron's answer.

A few hours later, here we were, outside Christine's outside house. Both of us dressed as vampires. Yep, she had won that argument.

I was wearing a black dress and a black and red cape, fake teeth, and a black mask, that covered my eyes. I left my hair down and put on some red lipstick, in the color of blood.

Cameron on the other hand wasn't so lucky. Christine made him wear make-up to his entire face so he would look pale, and more vampirish.

I promised myself I wasn't going to be weird at the party and I would to try my best not to break that promise. He didn't make it so easy for me though.