Chapter 13: Blended:

~Chapter Song: Just A Little While, The 502s~

Today was Tech Day.

Our fellow classmates and teachers would bake and bring snacks and desserts for us to sell. Our school principal was happy to let us use the school for students with such high potential (his words not mine).

Ten emails were sent to each CEO of the tech companies on our district, trying to convince them to come on the event. Five of them agreed to show up. Two seemed pretty interested on funding the club's competition.

We putted in some of our own money, to make posters. We also planned a show-off for our former robots, to make the school -and the possible funders- excited for the upcoming competition.

I was fixing some of the snacks under labels when a hand landed on my waist. I jumped and turned to the direction of the hand, doing a karate pose, I picked up from the one month I did karate when I was seven.

Cameron and David were at those lessons too actually. The only reason I was able to last a whole month was because I got the chance to kick them, without being grounded. Not that the chance of being grounded ever stopped me.

"Oh, relax, karate kid. It's just me.", Cameron laughed. That's right, my fake boyfriend.

Girlfriends definitely shouldn't get so startled by their boyfriends hugging them. I needed to getting used to that.

"Hey. You scared the shit out of me."

"Come on, show some love to your amazing boyfriend. Doesn't he deserve it?". He said that leaving a note on the air. Like he was trying to remind me to look more like his girlfriend, and less like someone that wanted to murder him.

I gave him the death stare.

"I have work to do.", I said under my teeth.

"Okay, ma'am. Where do you need me?"

"What do you mean where do I need you?"

"I want to help. Come on, I'm extremely bored. Put me to work."

"I'm okay, I guess you can..."

I stopped when Jess, Nick and Steve were coming our way, carrying boxes with homemade cupcakes.

"Where do you want this, boss?", Steve asked.

Nick snorted. I let it slide. I was the president and had to set an example, even if it killed me inside. Punching someone was not the actions of a president.

I could handle him for a day. How hard could it be?

"Um... okay. We are running out of space, put them on the table next to the biscuits.", I pointed to the table a few feet away from us, "Cameron-", I turned to him, "-I want you to take the guys and run to the closer classroom to bring desks. Here are the keys", I threw the keys his way. He caught them and made a signal to the member to follow him.

"Come on, boys. Boss has work for us.", he said walking away.

"Okay boss.", Nick said in a mocking voice.

I was on the edge with the whole Tech Day organising, and Nick was really driving me insane. Every single one member voted for me. He had to just deal with it and move on.

Ben and Christine came my way as soon as the guys ran away. Ben was fashionable as usual. Light brown pants and a white sweater. Christine had a sleeveless jean jacket on, with different pins attached to one side, that I hadn't seen before.

"Hey.", I said to them. "Nice jacket, Chris. Is it new?"

"Yeah, it was a gift.", she said passing her hand through her hair. That was her tick for when she was hiding something. I was ready to ask from whom, but Ben interrupted me.