Chapter 12: The Cheat Sheet:

~Chapter Song: Fight Song, Rachel Platten~

Finally, that God-sending ring, that meant dismission rang and we were free to go. I gathered my stuff quickly and walked to the class we had the robotics club.

We were only five people, but that was enough for the competition. It was Steve, Louis, Nick, Jess, and me. Yep, the only girl. Talk about patriarchy, but it was okay. Most of those people I could communicate with and have a normal conversation without the urge to kill myself in the process. Nick was a bit of a sexist bastard, but I could handle him. Only now he might cause a problem.

I was running for president this year, so I needed everyone's support. We were such a small club that a unanimous vote just made sense. He would probably try to be president, but I would find my way to the presidency, anyway.

I got into the class. Everybody was already there. Mr. Chris -that is his surname, yes- was sitting at the desk, at the top of the class, with the other members around him.

"Oh, Winter welcome. Now that everyone is here, we can start. Everybody, take a seat."

I sat down, next to Jess. Jess was the person I was closest to at the club. He nodded hello and whispered, "I've got some tea for you.". I gave him a look that he knew meant 'tell me in a bit' and focus on Mr. Chris.

"We will start with the most important topic, which is obviously, the presidency. Our last president went to university, we will have to vote on a new one. I would like to call anyone who wants to be in charge to say a few words about what he wants for this year's club. A few future ideas and plans, maybe. So, who wants to take the lead this year?"

As expected, Nick and I wear the ones that raised our hands.

"Ok Winter, you can go first.", Mr. Chris pointed at me. He gave a smile for encouragement. His faith in me, was the reason I took part in the club in the first place, even though I was the only girl in class. He was my tech teacher at the time, he came to me after class and just told me, "I signed you up for robotics club. We meet every Wednesday. You better appear.". And that was it. I was a member.

I glanced at my notes for one last time and walked in front of my clubmates, "Hello everyone. You all know me, so I would not get into the trouble of introducing myself, let's just cut to the chase. I think everyone here knows how much I've contributed to the club the past two years, and I know that I would be a great president.", I heard a huff, coming from Nick, which I decided to ignore. Jess gave me the: you-got-this face, and that relaxed me a bit "I'm determined and committed to this, and I want to help the club. If I get elected, my number one priority is simple..."

I told them all my future plans and what I thought would be good for the club.

"Thanks for your attention.", a few claps were heard, but I focused on Nick. He had that obnoxious smile stuck on his face, that I would very much like to punch -but for obvious reasons, I wouldn't- someday.

"Hey everybody, I'm Nick", the need to roll my eyes emerged, "and I'm running for president of the robotics club this year..."

I blocked the sound of his voice and started thinking about our robot for the competition. There wasn't any particular rule on how or what materials we should use, only a topic. This year was 'environment', anything that had to do with it was accepted. We had already thought that our focus needed to be to improve the pollution that was happening around the school. Everybody was going to do something similar. We needed to go the extra mile, do something unusual, unexpected.

Nick's annoying voice cut my thoughts, "And that's why I think I should be the president."

I smiled. If all he did was numbered the reasons, he would be a good president, then I had already won. I know I should pay attention, and get to know my enemy and stuff, but Nick must be the most annoying creature I've ever met, even more than Cameron.