Chapter one

Isabella
----
Waking up in the morning and having the first thing you see is your mate next to you must be the best feeling in the world. Nothing has ever felt like that to me. Seeing Tate sleeping peacefully next to me, yet still aware enough to have an arm protectively around my waist is amazing. Or trying to get out of his arms and having him growl, thinking someone's trying to steal me, or even opening my eyes to see his peering back at me with love. It's breathtaking.

Its even more breathtaking to watch him play with Violet like she's his own child. It makes me daydream about our own children. I've yet to see a vision of us with our kids, but I think it's just because there are too many visions with Dylan and Xavier. So far I still have no clue what they mean, and I don't like watching them. I know it's far into the future, having kids with Tate, but I know he's thinking about it every time I'm playing with the cubs and dancing with them.

It's been a month since Dylan's Pack joined ours, it's been a month since I was kidnapped, a month since I shifted and a month since I told Tate I loved him.

And I still tell him every morning and every night. Every morning I wake up with him looking at me already, or I wait until he's up. As soon as he is, I tell him. He'll smile and kiss me, replying with, I love you more.

Today will be the first day I go back to school. I've missed two months, so catching up will be hard. But I have to complete high school in order to become the Luna, it's required. I've asked Tate why I can't do an online course. He says I won't get the full experience of high school. And it should be better now that I know about wolves.

Deans forgiven me, but I still try everything in my power to make it up to him. I bake him pies daily, I buy him whatever he needs. He tells me not to, but I do it anyway.

Dean said that Jason went missing around the same time that Dylan did. Tate told Dean to stay on the look-out at school. But after a month, there was still no sign of him. Tate's allowing me to go to school on the circumstance that Dean watches me closely, along with Cam, Kyle, Jake, Jon and the rest of the teens that go to school. I'm nervous, going back to school. Jason was friends with the jocks, sure, but there are still so many other people he knew that aren't werewolves. I'm worried that they'll recognize me, tell my father or Jason. Neither of them have placed a missing person case on me, thank the Goddess.

The clock next to the bed reads six AM. I'm laying next to Tate, waiting for him to wake up. His arm is wrapped tightly around my waist, my chest touching his. Our legs are intwined together. He stirs in his sleep, tightening his hold before falling back to sleep. I need to get up soon, but I don't want to waste this precious moment I have watching my mate sleep, even if I see it every morning.

"Tate" I whisper, kissing his cheek. He stays quiet, sleeping peacefully. "Time to get up" I trace his jawline with my finger and over his bottom lip. I place my lips to his and on instinct, his lips start moving with mine. I giggle and push back, seeing his emerald green eyes.

"I love you" I murmur, pecking his lips quickly.

"I love you more" he whispers back with a breathtaking smile. I set my hands on his chest and press my ear over his heart, listening to the calm beats.

Every time Tate listens to my heart beat, he wants to take me to the Pack Doctor. He says my beats are so fast that there isn't a space between them. Violet says the same thing. They don't seem to understand why, but I do. It's because I have super speed. My heart beats fast constantly in order for the speed to work. I'm not sure how the process goes, but I do know that much. My heart beat hasn't been normal since I got my abilities.

I feel the pull to go back to sleep. The sun is just rising slightly, the stars disappearing. I yawn and snuggle into his bare chest, closing my eyes. I focus on his scent and his heart beats, something that I do every time I go to sleep.