Chapter three

Isabella
----
As soon as our vehicles enter the Pack territory, the Warriors start following us. I watch, amazed, as they run in their wolf forms. I see the muscles ripple through their bodies and their fur in the wind. The sight of a running wolf has never failed to impress me.

Dean rolls down all of the windows, letting in the fresh air. I take as big of a breath as I can muster, feeling safe and secure within the Pack territory. My senses pick up on every little thing in the forest. The sound of paws running, leaves crunching, birds chirping and wolfs howling to signal our arrival. It's as if we are royalty.

To them I practically am.

I enjoy the feeling of knowing so many people have my back without even knowing me well. Half of the Pack hasn't met me yet, but no matter what, I know they'd all take a bullet for me if they had the chance.

The tall, dark trees pass in a blur as the car speeds up slightly. I close my eyes and smile again. This is home, this is safe.

"Happy to be home?" Darcy asks from beside me. I turn to look at her.

"Ecstatic" I reply in monotone. Of course I was happy to be home, and she already knew that. Everyone knows that. This has been my home for two months. I couldn't be more happy to be back.

Dean takes a look at me through the rear view mirror, winking when he catches my eye. I nod to him, reminding him to keep his mouth shut about Mike and Simon. He looks back to the paved road ahead of us.

The car slows down as we reach the edge of the village. The Pack house isn't visible from here, but I can already sense Tate thanks to the mate bond. I place a finger on my mark and smile as his image makes its way to the front of my mind. His smiling face has my wolf howling and the air in the car start up.

"Cool it Bella" Dean says with a chuckle. My ability listens to him, making the air as cold as possible.

"Holy Goddess Bella he was joking!" Jon yells, wrapping his arms around his self.

"Sorry" I mutter as the air returns to its natural state. Darcey chuckles from beside me.

The Pack members on the road move out of the way so that the vehicles can make their way to the Pack house. Some of the Warriors continue to follow in wolf form, even though we are already well within the Pack grounds.

When the Pack house finally comes into view, I'm jumping with joy. The air in the car picks up again, sending Darcey's hair flying around her face. She giggles and tries to hold it down but it doesn't work.

"Isabella!" She laughs along with me. My hair isn't flying like hers for some reason.

"Sorry!" I yell with a smile.

Dean takes the car and parks it amongst the rest of the Pack cars. The teens make their way to their homes or into the Pack house. I follow suit, grabbing my bag and running in. Darcey follows behind me.

"I'm going to find Noah" she says, jogging up the stairs. The Pack teens are mingling around in the kitchen and in the living room playing video games. They say hello to me, and I return it with a smile.

Where is Tate?

He promised he'd be here when I got home. I check in the kitchen, finding only women making dinner and teens looking for food.

I run back into the living room and, using super speed, run to his office. I push open the door, expecting Tate to be at his desk. He isn't. He's left a stack of papers on his desk and some books on the floor. I huff, feeling nervous.

I run back into the living room, where Cam, Kyle, Jake, Jon and Dean now stand.

"Have you guys seen Tate?" I ask, setting my bag down on the couch. They shake their heads. I sigh and run up the stairs to our bedroom.