Chapter five

Isabella
----
Tate stands, waiting in the doorway when we get home. I give him a smile through the window, but his frown deepens. His arms are crossed over his chest and his foot taps quickly on the stone. I hop out of the car and grab my bag from the seat. A hand wraps around my wrist and pulls me roughly. I trip over my own feet, catching myself. Tate continues to pull without so much as saying a word.

"Tate, what's wrong?" I ask. He growls and grumbles something. I put my heals into the grass to stop him, but he pulls on. His grip hurts, and will most likely leave a bruise.

I'm dragged through the doorway and into the living room. The Pack teens watch with curiosity as to why their Alpha is dragging their Luna against her will.

"Tate, stop" I say sternly. He doesn't. "Tate stop!" I yell louder.

"Tate, dude, cool it down" Noah says, coming up to Tate.

"Yeah, just tell us what's wrong" Dean says.

Tate finally stops and looks at them, then at me. His eyes are black, and I can see myself through them. But there's something else, something not right about him. I feel like it's not him, but I can't tell why. The silver streak that usually comes across his eyes isn't there.

"You want to know what's wrong?" He asks angrily. He balls his hands into fists, then grabs the remote for the television and turns it on. It's on the news channel already, and I suddenly realize why he's angry.

"Seventeen year old Michael Screener was found unconscious in the middle of the forest across from the local high school. He's in intensive care at the Heights Hospital. He has a major concussion and injuries to his inner organs, though no marks were found on the outside of his body. If anyone has any information, please call the number below" a number shows up underneath the female reporter in big white letters. Tate turns the television off and faces me.

"Where were you at lunch time?" He asks angrily. I shake my head and stare at his feet. "Dean, where the hell was she at lunch?"

"I don't know" he says. "She left angrily after Michael wouldn't leave her alone"

"And you let her" he growls. "Who the hell is Michael?"

"One of Jason's friends" I squeak, looking at him. I flinch back at is glare. I've never been as scared as I am right now.

"I want everyone out! NOW!" He roars. In a flash, everyone in the room is gone except for Darcey, Noah and Dean.

"I want an explanation and I want it now" he growls. "I don't care who tells me, but somebody had better speak up"

"Michael hasn't been leaving me alone since my first day back at school. I lost it on everyone today and ran into the forest. My Dark Magic took over when Michael followed me. I led him deeper into the forest and used it on him, then I used memory manipulation and deleted everything up until that morning. I left him there and went back to school" I whisper, staring at Dean.

He looks back with wide eyes. I didn't tell any of them what happened. I didn't say anything when I got back, not even when they asked. I couldn't, I knew they'd tell Tate.

"Without thinking of the goddamn consequences. Isabella, there are Rogues after you for Goddess sake! Do you know how dangerous that was? And not cleaning up afterwards, they're going to find you and there's nothing I can do about it! Don't you realize that? And if the humans find out about you, about us, that's it. We're done. I told you after the incident with Dean that using your powers outside of the training room was forbidden and you went against me. You almost killed Dean, and now this kid. I have no other choice but to take you out of school"