Chapter thirty-one

Isabella
----
I wish so badly that I could have stayed the night in Tate's arms. After everything, that was the one thing I really wanted-a peaceful sleep with my mate by my side.

But we knew Xavier would be waiting.

So, after much debating with our mates, we were allowed to go back, under the conditions to meet every chance we got, which technically meant everyday. Fine by me.

Now, we stand in my bedroom with smiles plastered onto our faces. This couldn't have turned out better. All we need is a plan.

"Start brainstorming" Ian informs me gently. "Won't be long until he gets restless"

"I know" I whisper back, still dazed from my mates lips. "You should head back to your room"

"Alright, goodnight Bella" with that, he teleports back to his room. It may be across the hall, but who knows who's watching.

I change into pyjamas and settle onto the bed. I clutch Bubba to my chest and stare at the tree on my wall, contemplating everything I've done.

It seems ridiculous to think about now. The serums, the lies, the powers, the room. It's even more ridiculous to think that I didn't catch on from the beginning.

And after all of it, I still go back to Tate. After all of the planning and torturing that I went through, I toss it all away for one person-my mate.

It feels good to know that there's someone out there that means so much to me, that I would toss away anything to be in his arms. I'd endure anything for his kiss.

I smile, snuggling my face into the teddy bears soft fur. My eyes trail over to the buttons on the wall. Ace's name seems to be more prominent now, and not just because of the colour of the button. My heart sinks, my stomach knots up. How am I supposed to just leave him? Sure, Tate is my mate, but that doesn't mean I can cut Ace right out of the picture. He's still there, and Goddess knows how long he'll stay.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I need to think of a plan and I need to think of it fast. Xavier will start his own scheme soon, and I need to get mine started.

I stare at the intricate design of the tree, admiring the spiralling branches and round, dark moon, silver colour. the plan seems to come slowly at first, adding on to more ideas.

I need to know Xavier's plan. Once I do, we're ambushing it.
****
Getting the Dark Magic started, pretty easy. Learning to control it, almost easier. So it wasn't a surprise when I found out that getting rid of it, would be much harder. Once it's with you, it won't let go.

And it wasn't like I could ask Xavier or Ace how to get rid of it. Suspicion would arise between the two. Why would I want to get rid of it?

Because I'm not evil. But they don't know that.

My next concern was the extra abilities from the damn serum I drank. I know something's not right in me, I can feel it. And even my wolf, who should be back to normal, isn't. Dark thoughts still fill her, but not as evil as before. I don't know how to rid myself of the extra abilities or the ones I was to get after mating with Tate.

I expressed my thoughts to Ian, who most likely had the same concern level as me, though without Dark Magic.

"Maybe Xavier has a serum for it" he shrugged and took a sip of water. We're currently in his room with a bowl of popcorn and some movie in the background.

"I doubt it" I mumble, lifting a piece of buttery popcorn to my mouth. "And if he did, what are the odds that he would give it to us?"

"Doesn't hurt to see" he shrugs again and uses his telekinesis to lift a piece to his mouth. "He's got a lab somewhere around here"