Chapter twenty-four

Isabella
----
"Let them go" father tells me as he taps the pen on his chin.

"What?" I ask in disbelief.

"Let your Pack members go. Send them back to Tate's Pack with no memory" he opens his laptop.

"Are you kidding me?" I growl, slamming my fist in the table. "A month ago you told me to use them and kill them, now you're telling me to let them go?!"

He gives me a flat look, setting his pen down. He stands up, his height towering over mine. His face becomes dark, and suddenly, I feel vulnerable. This is the Alpha of all Rogues. I've forgotten that.

"Then kill them" he whispers menacingly. I gulp and he raises an eyebrow. "You can't do it, can you? I'm not going to have them rotting in my cells for the rest of their pathetic lives. You kill them, or you send them back. You're complaining about being weak, and they're the reason. You've got to make a choice; kill or get rid of them" he leans on the desk, his eyes going black. "If you really are as deadly and strong as you make yourself out to be, you wouldn't even have to think. You wouldn't even be here, asking me what to do"

I stand there with my mouth hanging open like an idiot for at least thirty seconds. He's right, I shouldn't have to think. But because of what Dean had said, I am thinking. Thinking of every possibility, every outcome. I'm thinking of what would happen to Tate, to his Pack, if I killed these people. I'm thinking of what Violet would do or say if she found out that I killed them. I don't want to think, and the Alpha of Rogues is right. I need to make the choice. Put them behind me, or send them back to Tate, preparing them for war.

I nod my head, averting my gaze from him and teleporting to my bedroom. If I send them back to Tate, they'll just be extra pylons in the game of war. Just more people to go through in order to get to the top. But if I kill them, I know it will break me. Father is right, they are the reason I'm becoming weak. Keeping them in those cells is reminding me of my past, causing me to think of my future.

Do what your heart desires, my wolf tells me gently, the cards are in your hands, now figure out the game.

Figure out the game, I think to myself. Figure out Tate's game. Find out what he's planning.

I run a hand through my hair and let out a sigh. I turn to my mirror on my closet door and look at myself. Strands of my brown hair have turned silver, and stayed that way. My eyes have to, with a dark tint to them. My face is clear, like a model from the cover of a magazine. My lips are dark red, my teeth are sparkling white. Lighting energy crackles on my fingertips.

I know what I have to do to prove that I'm not weak. I'll send them back to Tate with their memories. Then, I'm bringing in a new card to this game of poker; one that will sure change the game to one that I know how to play and win.

Dylan.
****
"Isabella? What are you doing?" Dean asks as I unhook him from his chains.

"Shhh" I put a finger to my lips. Father doesn't know I'm down here, and it's better that way. "I'm sending you back" I place my hands to his dirty shirt and close my eyes, focusing on sending a healing force into him. I feel the energy leave from my hands, finding his cuts and bruises. He takes in a sharp breath, then slowly releases it. I open my eyes, seeing his injuries gone.

"I knew you weren't evil" he whispers with a knowing smile. I slap him lightly.

"Just because I'm sending you back doesn't mean I want to" I growl before moving on to Jason.

"Then why?" He hovers over me as I take off the chains. I don't answer him. The reason I'm sending them back is because I can't kill them, and I don't want Dean knowing. He's lied to me, they all have, but that doesn't mean that I have to forget all of the good memories we shared. Deep down, I won't forget what great times we had, but built around the small beacon of hope, are deadly walls that if tampered with, could explode in a deathly matter.