Chapter eighteen

Isabella
----
The guard in front of the basement door nods to me and steps out of the way. From here, I can hear Jason's heavy breathing and whimpers of pain. I quietly climb down the stairs, letting the guard close the door behind me. It's pitch black in the basement, but all wolves can see in the dark, me especially.

Jason is in the far back corner of the cells. The smell of dried blood and death fills my senses, causing my wolf to purr. The cells have no one else in them but Jason, which causes him to be more frightened.

I can feel his fear radiating off of his body. I take in the emotion, letting it run through my veins. This part of the darkness revealed itself yesterday. I can feel emotions, feed from a few. They don't fill me, they make me stronger. Especially fear.

I grab my dagger and blow on it, then put it in my back pocket. The door to Jason's cell is already open, there's no fear of him escaping. His hands are chained to the wall, it's pitch black and he's human. There are guards watching the basement around the clock. He's not leaving anytime soon.

With my invisibility, he doesn't see me. I perch on the edge of the cot in the corner of the cell and watch Jason. His eyes keep flicking back and forth in the dark, no use as he cant see. His legs are in front of him, bruised and scraped. He's only wearing his dirty Spider-Man boxers. His left eye is black, his lip has swelled. I feel proud at the damage I did without my abilities.

I scrape my nail across the cement, earning his attention. In such a quiet place like this, the drop of a feather sounds loud and could be the last thing you hear before you die.

"Don't look so scared" I whisper darkly, still invisible. He swivels his head back and forth. I let out a quick laugh. "Trying to see me won't do any good with the eyes of a human"

"What are you?" He asks in a shaky voice. I knew my next line was totally cliché, but I had to say it.

"I'm your worst nightmare" I whisper darkly. His eyes grow large for a minute. I kneel next to him with my knife and slice his arm. Blood pours out of it and he winces. I do another cut on his other arm. He grits his teeth in pain.

"What happened to you....Isabella?" He grits out.

"I grew up" I reply, punching him in the nose. I hear a satisfying crack. He yells out, trying to grab his nose, but his hands are chained to the wall. The chains clank against the wall, reminding him that they're there.

"Dammit Isabella you know what I mean!" He yells. I'm taken back by his new found energy.

Demolish it, my wolf growls. But I don't. I stare warily at Jason in the dark. No one has dared to raise their voice towards me yet.

"You aren't that same and you know damn well what I mean" he whispers before coughing. "You aren't...human"

I let out a sharp laugh. Three months ago I was human. Weak, vulnerable, pathetic. Not any more. Now I'm the farthest from being human.

I grab his chin and roughly turn his head towards me. On accident, one of my abilities acts up.

It's of the past, a month ago. Jason's arm is around a girls waist. She's beautiful, her blonde hair down over her shoulders. She's wearing a sun dress and flats. They're in a house, sitting on a couch. I've never seen the house before, but somehow I know where it is, and I know who the girl is.

Lucy.

The room opens up, showing everyone from high school. Dean, Darcey, Kate, Diana, Danielle and the rest of the 'jocks' sit on the furniture. They all glare at Jason, who is oblivious, staring down at Lucy.