Chapter twenty-six

Isabella
----
Ace tried to be nice to Dylan throughout training. On the outside he was smiling. On the inside, I saw the fire burning behind his eyes, the hatred for the boy that he just met two days ago.

I've tried to keep the affection for Dylan on the down low, only when we are alone. I hate having to do it, but Dylan needs to think that I love him, even if I'm far from it. He may be the mate I was supposed to choose, but I didn't, and that changes things around.

For an Alpha, Dylan's fighting skills were pretty bad. There wasn't a single time when Ace swung a fist that Dylan didn't get hit. Ace told me that fighting other Packs was different than a group of Rogues, especially a group of Rogues that know how to fight properly. If Dylan can't stop a blow from Ace, he certainly can't fight in a war.

Ace kicks Dylan in the head. Dylan falls back and doesn't get up. Unconscious.

He's useless, my wolf growls.

But he'll help change the game, I remind her, Tate can't stand him, so he can't stand me being with him.

Ace strides over to me with a frown on his face. He looks back to Dylan, then around the field, before placing his lips quickly on mine.

"He sucks at fighting" Ace mutters, sitting next go me on the grass. "He's supposed to be your mate?"

"He's an important piece to my plan" I lean on him. "And he was supposed to be. Now you are"

Ace kisses the top of my head gently and leans back on his elbows.

"When is this oh-so genius plan going to be executed?" Ace asks, pulling me all the way down with him until I'm lying on his chest. I set my cheek over his heart, listening to the calm beats. Now, I either have a super quick heart beat or no heart beat at all.

"Soon. I haven't told Dylan yet. I think he needs to step up his game first" I murmur, closing my eyes.

"You know, you could easily teleport into Tate's Pack, grab Ian and come back here" Ace says matter-of-factly. I roll my eyes.

"It's not that easy. Ian's powers will fight against mine if I do that. And it's not as fun. Tate has lied to me and now it's agonizing to think he almost got away with it. I want him to pay for what he's done to me" Ace kisses my forehead.

"And pay he shall"
****
"Where are you going? It's like ten at night" Dylan states as I finish my makeup.

"Into the city with Ace" I reply, finishing off my red lipstick.

"Okay, is something going on between you two? I'm starting to feel a vibe" Dylan says, leaning into my pillows. I give him a flat look through the mirror. He puts his hands up in surrender. "All right, all right. Just tell me why you're going"

"I don't think you want to know" I flash him my fangs quickly. His mouth turns into an 'O' shape. I nod my head, setting down the lipstick. I press down the black button with Ace's name under it.

"Ready?" Ace asks through the speaker.

"Meet me out front" I say.

I turn back to Dylan with a smile. "How do I look?"

"Like a million bucks" he replies, standing up from the bed. I roll my eyes at him as he sets his hands on my waist. I feel no sparks anymore. He kisses my cheek. "Have fun"

I look down at my dress. It's a fishnet pattern across my chest, showing a lot of skin. There's a black triangle piece that covers over my boobs just barely. From there, it's more see through fishnet and then black just below my belly button. The dress stops just below my ass. It'll have all of the human males drooling over me. It's tight and form fitting. I'm wearing black stilettos and my hair is curled down my back. I did a smokey-eye for eyeshadow and red lipstick. My nails are painted bright red.