Chapter thirty-three

Isabella
----
I hand Xavier the war plans with an evil smirk. He takes them from me and puts glasses on so he can read them. Ace stands by the door and Ian stands next to me.  By the look on Xavier's face, I can tell this is going to be too easy. Especially with Lana on our side. He's going to be easier to deceive than a child.

"Did they see you?"

"No sir" I answer with a smirk.

"Excellent" he murmurs, rubbing his chin. "And this is it? Really?"

"I thought it was amateur when I read it too, but the way Tate talked about it, he sounded pretty happy" I roll my eyes dramatically. "Once an idiot, always an idiot"

"Great choice of words" Ian scoffs. "Let me see that" he takes the paper from Xavier and examines it, even though I showed it to him earlier. "Really? That is the most ridiculous plan ever"

"Yeah, but when you think of it, he wouldn't expect us to think it would have been this easy" I point out. "Expect the unexpected right?" I shrug a shoulder. "Either way, we'll be one step ahead of them and they'll lose. Works for me"

"Works for me too" Xavier agrees. "Alright, this will be easy to intercept. Ian, you and I will start right now. Isabella, take a break, you deserve it" he winks at me. I smile, hug him and leave. Ace is in town today, so I don't have to worry about him.

I find Lana wandering around on the first floor. 

"Lana!" I call out. She jumps, dropping whatever she was holding. Her head snaps up, catching my eyes. She looks immediately calmer.

I jog over, picking up the paper that fell on the ground.

"You scared me" she says as I hand her the paper.  "I was just going to Xavier's office to hand over these papers"

"Sorry Lana, Xavier gave me the rest of the day off and I was looking for you" I look at the paper. "What are those?"

"Ingredients for Xavier's new serum" she murmurs. "He wanted them as soon as they were ready"

"Really?" I ask. "What's it do?"

She hands me the papers. I shuffle through them, seeing multiple doctors notes, comments and ingredients.

"Gives him his own abilities. More than you and Ian" she whispers. "...at least that's what I heard. He wants to make himself into some super wolf, stronger than you"

I pause, speechless. Was he going to tell us? This could have changed our plan entirely if we knew about it! I can't believe-

"What the hell?" I mutter. "My blood? Why does he need my blood?" I flip the paper around, unable to read the scribbles.

"Ian hasn't given into the Dark Magic-fangs and everything- but you have." She pauses and twiddles her thumbs. "And I can't replicate the DNA sample he took from you before"

"What's that mean?" The blood drains from my face.

"It means he has to extract the amount he needs" she says, taking the papers.

"How much?"

"Quite a lot" she bites her lip, eyes flicking to me.

"Alright, who is the guy that knows the most about the serums?" I ask impatiently. She puts her hand up with a shy smile. "Perfect. We're going to take these plans and make new ones, and your going to help me." I look down at the pages. "And he's going to get what he deserves"

"Are you sure? What if we get in trouble?"

"We won't. You're looking at the most dangerous werewolf alive. If I have anything to do with it, he won't be alive long enough to care" I bite my lip. "Lana, this will be your revenge"