Chapter four

Isabella
----
The next two days of school were a blur. A mixture of subjects that I have yet to understand their purpose for the position of Luna. I kept my head down and walked quickly. I stayed next to on of the Pack members at all times and I made sure I was never alone, or too far away. I tried to ignore Mike and Simon, but it was even harder when they brought more of their friends to meet me.

Tate has yet to find out about the human men bothering me, and he will continue to be oblivious of the subject, so long as I have a say in it. I can handle myself, and I don't need him worrying about me when he needs to worry with his Alpha duties.

I flip the last page in the book I was to read for English class. They red it over a month ago, but I have to catch up. I finish the last word with a huge smile, then throw the book at Dean.

"Suck it! I finished!" I stand from the table and do a happy dance, causing the Pack to laugh at me.

"Damn, you always win" Cam mutters, handing Kyle a five dollar bill.

"You guys were betting on me again?" I ask, folding my arms across my chest. I raise one eyebrow and stand as tall as I can, as tall as a Luna should. I watch both of their faces turn pale and they gulp in fear. I let the slightest hint of a glow fall onto their chests, just to scare them enough to make them piss their pants.

"N-no n-n-no we weren't. Right Kyle?" Cam stutters in fear. I smirk. Kyle doesn't look away from me, just shakes his head. Behind me, the group of guys burst out laughing. I let my little act go and laugh with them.

"You guys are pussies" I mumble between laughs. They frown.

"You should have seen your faces!" Dean shouts.

"N-no n-n-no we weren't. Right Kyle?" Jon imitates Cam. Then Jake stands next to him and shakes his head like Kyle had.

"She's scary when she's mad!" Kyle complains. Darcey pats his arm with a sympathetic smile.

"I know Kyle. She's about as scary as a bunny on roller skates" she says sarcastically.

"I think she's pretty cute when she's mad" an arm slips around my waist. I jump in the air and let out a small scream. The lights in the cafeteria go out instantly, leaving us in darkness. I try to calm down, letting the lights turn back on. This causes commotion among the humans, but the Pack teens just look at me and smile, shaking their heads.

Mike laughs, oblivious to the lights turning out.

"Sorry babe, I didn't mean to scare you" he tries to put an arm back over my shoulder. I push him off as the smell of Axe, sweat and mint fill my senses. I prefer strawberries, or at least that's what Tate smells like.

Around me, the Pack growls in disapproval.

"Dude, I'd prefer if you kept your hands off of my cousin" Dean says coolly, resting his arm over my shoulders.

Mike's friends all snort with laughter as his face grows red. With anger or embarrassment, I can't tell.

I drop my head and kick the tiled floor with my boot, shuffling closer into Deans safe hold. It's not Tate, but it's the next best thing, in a brotherly way.

"Why don't you ask Isabella what she wants?" Mike asks, looking at me. I close my eyes, trying to control my breathing, my abilities, and my eyes. "I think she'd like that better than having you boss her around"

Can I kill him yet? Dean snarls through the Pack link. A few Pack members return with an appreciative growl.

Just tell him off. Tell him to leave. I reply lightly, squeezing his arm while continuing to stare at the floor.