Chapter twenty

Read the lyrics! I feel like it describes Tate's and Isabella's relationship at this point!
----------
Isabella
----
I turn around, only to come face-to-face with Tate. I jump into a fighting position, but his eyes never fall upon me. He stares at Violets door, twiddling his thumbs together. Finally he runs a hand down his face and opens the door that I just closed. I get a hint of his scent as he passes and take it in gratefully.

I follow behind him, standing in the open doorway. Violet looks up to him with fearful eyes, then hides the emotion with anger. She looks up to me, and I'm starting to wonder if she can see me. I test it out by shaking my head at her, don't trust him. She returns it with a nod and a smile. The Violet eyes can see through my invisibility.

"Vy? Can I sit down?" Tate's voice is ruff, full of grief. Violet doesn't look at him. He shoves his hands in his pockets and sighs. "I...I'm sorry" he murmurs. "It's just been....difficult to adjust to the changes. I know you miss her, I know I miss her, but that doesn't mean I should take it out on you. You're my little sister, I should be taking care of you, especially when she's not here to help anymore. I know how close you two were, and now I should be helping" He looks to her with sad eyes. Violet gives me a quick glance, winking.

She stands up from the bed and wraps her arms around his legs. He bends down to her height and holds her tightly, as he once held me.

"We stick together, got it? I'm so sorry Vy" he murmurs. I hear him cry silently into Violets shoulder, who turns her face to me, her face tearless. I smile to her before exiting the room.

I run as fast as I can through the village and into the forest. I pass the two guards and keep going until I find father's car. Ace is pacing back and forth, but father is the picture of calm. I stop in front of them.

"Finally! I was beginning to worry!" Ace goes in for a hug but stops when he remembers father's presence. He backs up, scratching his neck awkwardly. "What took you so long?"

"Just a quick obstacle. I took care of it" I say darkly, hoping they get the idea. Father nods.

"So what's the plan?" Father asks, leaning in the hood of the car.

"They're all in the same room, grieving over the loss of their poor Jason" I mutter. "But getting all of them out without contacting Tate is the problem. I don't know wether to create a diversion, showing myself to Tate so that you guys can get in, knock them out and run with them here, or to-"

"Hold on, that one works" father says. "Kenny and Chuck, you'll drive the cars around the border to the far side where the Pack house is. Bella, you show us where they are and knock them out. If they're knocked out, they can't contact Tate so you can stay with us and turn us invisible, one by one, taking us to the vehicles"

Kenny and Chuck nod their heads, hop in the cars and start driving through the forest. We wait until they are gone before turning to each other.

I blow on my dagger and shove it in my pocket, taking Ace's and father's hands. They turn invisible with me.

"Hold on tight" I mutter. Ace gives a laugh, knowing what to expect. With speed faster than light, I pass the two guards, through the village and into the Pack house. Father has a hard time keeping up, as does Ace. I stop outside of the door, which is now wide open. Lucy and Kate are still on the bed, but so is Dean. The boys and Danielle are still seated where they were, some of them playing cards. Darcey's in the room, staring blankly at the wall. Noah is playing cards, and Tate is sitting on the floor with his eyes closed.

"Damn" Ace mutters. 'They've got the whole group in here"

"We aren't taking all of them. Just Lucy, Kate, Dean, and Danielle. But knock out the rest too" I murmur, scanning the room. We back into the hallway. I look both ways, making sure no one is in sight, before letting go of their hands. Father holds a small bottle with liquid in it.