Chapter twelve

Isabella
----
I already regret falling asleep next to Ace. I hardly know him and I had the guts to fall asleep in his bed. His arm is draped over my waist, his chest pressed against my back. It feels wrong at this point.

I lift his arm carefully and shuffle out of the bed. He groans and grabs my pillow, hugging it to his chest. He looks so cute when he sleeps.

I shake off the feeling and look around the room. It's not small, but it's not large like the one Tate gave me either. There's a television, a window, a bathroom, a desk and a closet.

I look down at my clothes. They aren't dirty from the trip over here. I shrug and peek back at Ace. He rolls over so his back is to me. I take this as my chance to take a quick shower.

The bathroom isn't as big as the one I had in Tate's Pack house. It's small, with a shower, a sink, and a toilet. I take off my black clothing, folding them neatly and setting them on the counter next to my dagger. I look at myself in the mirror. My eyes are still silver with a mysterious glow behind them. My hair is the same brown, but every so often I knew a silver streak would claim a lock of hair. My skin looked more pale than usual, but gave off a beautiful tint to my skin.

I step into the shower and let the steamy water fall over my sore muscles. It's soothing to have a hot shower after an almost six hour walk.

Using my super speed, I clean my hair and body in under a minute. The quicker the better. I grab a fluffy white towel from under the sink and dry myself off before putting my clothes back on. I put my dagger in my back pocket. I comb my fingers through my hair and put it up in a messy ponytail.

Ace is still sleeping when I sneak out of the room. I close the door quietly and slip down the dark hallway.

Torches light the hallway, giving off a dark feel to the place. But for some reason, I like it. The walls are all painted black, the carpet a dark red. I smile to myself at the darkness.

"I knew you'd like it" a voice says behind me. I jump and turn, grabbing my dagger and pointing it at the man. Xavier puts his hands up with a smile. I take a breath and drop my arm. "Your not a very talkative person"

"I'm shy" I roll my eyes and start walking the other way again. Xavier falls into step with me, casually putting his hands in the pockets of his jeans.

"I designed this place myself" he says. "Took over ten years to get it ready"

"For what exactly?" I ask, peering at a photo on the wall as I walk past.

"For the Silver Wolves. We've been waiting for you and the other one for quite some time" he answers. I stop and look at him.

"The other one?"

"Oh dear they really did erase your memory" he sighs and drags a hand down his face. "I was hoping you'd remember at least that. Alright then, follow me" he continues to walk down the corridor. I stop and stare at his back.

"Why should I?"

"If you want to remember your past, I suggest you do. If not," he turns to me and shrugs, "then that's your choice" and he starts walking again.

I jog to catch up with him. "How'd you know what they did to me?"

"We've been watching over you to make sure you weren't harmed. We didn't get to you in time unfortunately, so we did our best to go with it. Ace has been assigned to watch over you, like a body guard" he turns right, down another hallway.

"Why do I need a guard?" I ask, watching his facial expression. Unfortunately, he to his good at hiding emotion.

"You are dangerous my sweet girl. So much danger requires...sustainability." He turns down another hallway, this one ending with a large door. Xavier opens it, letting me cross the doorway first. I step to the side and allow him in after me.