Chapter nine

Isabella
----
Two days after being locked in the room, they finally let me out. The only deal was that I had to have one of the Warriors follow me around like a lost puppy and I had to have an hour session with Tate, Noah, Dean, Cam, Kyle, Jake, Jon, and Darcey. I ignored whoever followed me and did whatever I wanted. Usually I would wander through the house, regaining a few memories, so small that they didn't even help.

I memorized the ins and outs of the house like I memorized the village. I know every path, every room, every hideaway. To the Warriors following me, I might have seemed lost or confused, but the truth was, I'm making a map in my head. And they have no idea.

The first day at the session, I sat in a wooden chair facing Tate's desk, my back to the wall. The rest of them scattered around the room, sitting on the couch, the desk, the other chairs. I recognized the room, and my mind seemed to be figuring out the memory. All I saw was a fuzzy image, but I knew I had been there before.

Tate sat behind the desk, looking right at me. I stared right back, daring him to challenge me. He looked away to Noah, and I knew I had one that battle.

They asked me simple questions. What's my last name, how old am I, my birthday. I answered simply, only saying what I needed to and no more. I was told not to trust them, and I'm sticking with it. I won't give them extra information. He lightly informed me on werewolves that day.

The second day, the questions became a little harder to answer. They were about my past, things I couldn't remember. With each question, I knew I had an answer, but I couldn't see clear enough.

"Do you remember anything?" Jon had asked. "Even a word?"

"I remember little things" I answered meekly, looking over at Cam. "I remember knocking on a door. I remember knocking back, like a knock-knock joke. I asked, who's there? And the answer came: Cam"

Everyone looked at Cam. He had a small smile, as if remembering the moment.

"Cam who? You asked. I laughed and asked what you wanted. You said to get Tate, which I did. Then you said to call you Bella, or Isa, or Ella" he said. I nod, twiddling my thumbs.

"Anything else?" Jake asked, perching on the side of Jon's chair.

"The window seat in my room. I remember looking over the forest, a sun setting, a group of men, two were waving at me"

Kyle and Cam gave triumphant smiles. So they were the ones waving.

Tate nodded his head with a satisfied look on his face. He must see this as an accomplishment, me remembering a few things.

"That is all for now" he said, looking at me. I stared back, willing my eyes to glow. When he did look away, I got up and left without so much as a look at anyone else in the room.

It's the third day today, and I'm dreading every minute of it. I suppose in some way, they are trying to help me regain my memory, but my question is, why? There has to be an explanation for why they want me to remember. There has to be something that they're looking for.

The warrior following me is short but muscular. He's only an inch taller than me, with brown hair and brown eyes. He doesn't twitch when I stare at him.

I walk aimlessly through the house. I haven't been allowed to leave yet, they don't trust me enough. And they shouldn't. I've got powers and a dagger that can make me invisible. I'm practically invincible.

I pass by a Pack member. She stares at me as if I'm a ghost, her mouth gaping open slightly, her green eyes widened.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer" I growl. She mumbles something under her breath and practically runs the other way. I let out a small laugh. It's fun to make people scared.