Chapter thirty

Isabella
----
I point to the bed, ordering Ian to sit down. I need to get him on my side and hope for the best. If he doesn't believe what I'm about to tell him, he'll go to Xavier. Goddess only knows what Xavier will do. He seems to have serums for everything.

He sits down slowly, eyeing me with weariness. I take a deep breath.

"I know this is going to be sudden, but I've been thinking and there's no other way" I start off. "I know I told you Xavier was here to help us, but I was wrong. I was wrong about Xavier, Dark Magic, our mates and everything else. Xavier has been manipulating us Ian."

He looks bewildered. "What?"

"We were never supposed to end up here. He told us that Tate and Teresa lied, but they didn't" I smile in happiness. "Ian, Tate and Teresa are the mates we were supposed to choose. Xavier lied!"

"How do you know?" He looks intrigued. So I tell him everything. I tell him what Xavier told me, what Darcey said. I tell him every single detail, from Tate's black eyes to Xavier's small hints. I tell him that when I touched Tate's tattoo, it lit up with silver. When I touched Dylan's, it burned black. He agreed with me, that Teresa's and Dakota's did the same.

"I just don't understand" he groans, setting his head in his hands. "Why would he do this?"

"The same reason that Dakota and Dylan lied to us. Power. That's what he wants. I can guarantee that if we followed through, took down the Packs, he'd be the one in charge. Not us"

"So he lied"

"Exactly"

"Well that's great! I am so glad I didn't drink the blood" he swipes a hand across his forehead. I smile, happy, and look at Bubba. "So what now? We confront him?"

"No" I whisper with a sadistic smile. I hold out my hand, holding darkness. "He gave us these powers and I intend on using them. We're taking him down. Together. We follow through as far as taking over our Packs. Then, he gets what he deserves"

Ian gives me the same smile, intertwining his darkness with mine.

Together.
****
Later that night, when we knew for sure Xavier was asleep, Ian teleported into my room.

"Do you have a phone?" I ask hopefully. Xavier took our phones away when we got here. Figures.

"Yeah. Had to knock out a guard to get it"

"Got rid of the memory I hope" I murmur, taking the phone from his hands. It lights up in the dark room, illuminating our faces. "Why don't we just teleport there?"

"Because they'll attempt a kidnapping if we do and you know it. We have to tell them what's going on before we do that" he says as if it's obvious. I roll my eyes and dial Darcey's number. I put the phone to my ear. It rings once, then twice.

"Hello?" Darcey sounds like she just woke up.

"Darcey. It's Bella"

"Bella? Noah get up. It's Bella" she says. "Bella, what's going on?"

"I am so sorry for waking you up, I really am. Ian's with me. We need you to wake up Tate and the guys, Teresa and the girls. We'll be there in a few minutes. Meet in the living room. It's really important"

"What? Why?" But even as she asks, she informs Noah to get them all up. I here the bed squeak and Noah racing out of the room.

"Let's just say we've come to our senses. I'll explain everything when we get there"

I hang up quickly, deleting the proof that says we called them. Then I give it to Ian, who fills the phone with water. Then he's gone from the room. A minute later, he's back, smiling proudly.