Chapter six

Isabella
----
I'm awake. But I'm not awake. I'm in between the two, a strange place where I can hear, but not see. And the people around don't know you can hear them. I fear this state of mind, when I can't control my limbs, can't control what happens to me because I'm half way to being unconcious.

Sometimes I don't know why I bother dwelling on things like this. It just gets me even more stressed out, and then I get fearful. Especially since I can't remember a thing. I remember my name, my age, my hair color and that I have powers. I don't know why I have powers,but I know exactly how to use them. Where am I? What room am I in? What city?

I hear a growl, causing me to flinch but never wake up. A growl comes from an animal, not a human. Are there wolves near me? Am I in a forest?

I can't remember. Why can't I remember?

I hear whispering, harsh words at first. Then softer words. I make up the conclusion that there are two people in the room. But who? Where am I?

The feeling beneath me is soft and fluffy. I think of a cloud. White and puffy. A feel something draped over me, again, soft. I think I am on a bed.

My ears feel as though I'm on a plane. The need to make them pop has me twitching my fingers. I hate the feeling, like the inside of my ears are being clenched between someone's fist, tighter and tighter, but still, they don't pop.

There's a whining sound in my head. Like a whimpering dog. I must be crazy.

"What the hell was wrong with you? What were you thinking?" I hear an angry voice. It's soft, like a girl.

There is no answer to the question, which I have completely forgotten what it was.

"Goddess Tate" she huffs. I feel the bed dip to one side. My heart beat picks up. Who is near me? What do they want with me?

The light that I see through my eyelids suddenly goes out, leaving me in darkness. Then they twitch back to life.

"She's dreaming" the female voice says. "And it's definitely not a good one"

Why does she think I'm dreaming? I did that on my own, not because I'm dreaming.

"I wonder why that is" someone mumbles. A boy, I think.

"You know why that is" the girl says sharply. I flinch at the tone of her voice. "Because you had to go and be an asshole. If we hadn't drugged her to forget than she would have never trusted you again" she growls.

There's silence, then she speaks again.

"What makes it even worse is she kept repeating the same thing"

"And what was that?" The boy sounds bored.

"She kept repeating that you promised you'd never be like Jason. But you're exactly like him. And no matter how many times we told her it wasn't true, she wouldn't listen. Then she told us that she chose the wrong mate. She wanted to go find Dylan, Tate. You promised her you were different" the girl scoffs. "But the truth is, you might be exactly like him"

The bed rises and I hear footsteps, then the door slams shut. I'm left in silence, and I feel safer now that I'm alone. But then I hear shuffling feet come towards the bed. I feel the presence of someone next to me. A hand touches my arm. I want to move it, but I can't.

"I'm not like him" the boy whispers. His voice is softer, but still hard. "I'm not, nor will I ever be like him"

He sounds like he's trying to convince himself more than anyone. Who is Jason? Whoever he is, this man doesn't seem to like him very much.