Chapter thirty-six

Isabella
----
I stare-dumbfounded-at the sight before me. Everything seems to be in slow motion, starting with Teresa running towards Ian. My head spins as I look around the room, finding Xavier with a pistol, still aiming it at Ian. His hand is shaking, his forehead sweating. He looks up to me, an evil grin plastered on his face. I listen to Tate linking the rest of the group, requesting their presence immediately. Teresa sobs against Ian's still body. The Betas of both Packs rush over, protecting them.

It finally registers what's happened. My heart hammers in my chest as I scream.

For someone with little energy, I have enough to scream. I fall to my knees, eyes wide as I see Ian-my cousin, my opposite-down on the ground. I see the blood pooling from the wound in his stomach. I cover my mouth, tears trickling down my cheeks.

"Ian!" I scream at the same time as Teresa. Tate sets a hand on my shoulder. I shrug him off, scurrying across the floor and over to Ian. Darcey moves out of my way, letting me see him.

His eyes are closed, his chest unmoving. Blood streams from his mouth, down his chin and onto his black T-shirt. I hold back a sob, removing his hand from his stomach. If I seal the wound, the silver bullet will be stuck in there. I shake my head, setting my face on his chest and sobbing.

"Ian" I whisper. "Stay with us, please"

Teresa grips my hand, squeezing it. I pull her into a hug, both of us crying on each other's shoulders.

"You" Xavier sneers. He sounds drunk, slurring. "You did this"

I look up to Xavier. He takes shaky steps towards the group. I grab Nikki's hand, pulling her down to Teresa. I place her hand in Teresa's. Nikki gets the hint, pulling Teresa in for a hug. I stand up, facing Xavier.

"I gave you clothes" he slurs. "And food. And shelter. And you repay me with this" he points the gun around the room wildly. "I gave you a better life. I-I took you away from him" he points the gun at Tate, who stands next to Lana by the door.

Behind Tate comes the rest of the guys and their mates. I put my hands up in front of my chest.

"I didn't do any of this" I whisper, wiping the tears from my cheeks. "This was all your doing"

"I should shoot you like I shot him" he growls. "You disobedient bitch" he points the gun towards me. Tate takes a step forward but I shake my head and force him back with the little energy I have left. "All of you, in the center of the room. Now" Xavier growls. They follow his instructions, gathering around Teresa and Ian. I look back at Ian's unmoving body, my heart breaking. Teresa's hand is covered in blood as she tries to stop the bleeding.

"You bitch" Xavier sneers again. I look to him, but his unfocused eyes are trained on Lana. I watch her attempt not to shake as she lifts her chin. "After all I've done for you, and you side with them"

"You've done nothing for me" Lana states calmly. "Nothing"

He holds up the gun and shoots so quick that I didn't have time to react. Lana falls back, her face pale. Tate catches her, setting her down gently.

"Lana!" I scream her name. I take a step to run to her but someone grabs my arm and cold metal is placed to the back of my head. I go rigid, along with the rest if the group. Cam and Kyle tend to Lana, who has a bullet hole through her chest. Thank God, not the side with her heart.

"Sorry babe, can't let you go over there" Ace whispers in my ear as he pulls me back. I grit my teeth to keep from yelling out. Tears slide down my cheeks. Two people-dead because of me. I can't let anymore get killed.