Chapter twenty-seven

Isabella
----
"So that's the end of going into the city" Father mumbles, watching Ace and Dylan fight. Dylan's getting better, staying on his feet longer. "Ace will support your hunger needs from now on"

"They think I'm on their side" I murmur gently, using telekinesis to pick up father's pen from the grass. "They think I want to go back to them"

"Is that not what you wanted?" Father asks, leaning back in the grass.

"It is but...I don't know what to do now. I thought I'd have an idea by this point" I mumble. Father smiles.

"It's a good thing I've been planning as you go along"

I let out a sigh, thankful that he has.

"Arms up!" Ace growls in frustration. Dylan tries but he's to slow. Ace gets a punch to Dylan's nose. Dylan brings his hands up to stop the bleeding, giving Ace an open path to his stomach. Dylan's unconscious in less then five seconds. Ace kicks Dylan while he's down before walking over to us.

"Like I said, he's pathetic" he sits across from me, grabbing the pen out of thin air. I glare at him, sending a bolt of lightning right beside him. He jumps with a girlish scream. I laugh with father.

"The plan starts tomorrow. We show up, make a commotion, find Ian." Father states simply.

"That easy huh?" Ace asks. Father lets out a low, evil laugh.

"That's only the beginning" he says quietly, causing a shiver to run up my spine in fear. Father stands up, brushing off his pants. "I'll explain the rest once we have Ian. Ace, get that goddamn boy off of the field and start training with Bella"

Ace nods and watches father leave the training field. He stands and walks over to Dylan. I teleport myself over, putting up a hand.

"I'll do it" I mutter, taking Dylan's arm and teleporting to the hospital wing. I use my air element to lift him onto the bed and leave him for the doctor to take care of. I teleport back to the field, landing right behind Ace. I wrap my arms around his waist and set my forehead to his back.

"You think you're ready for this?" He asks gently, setting a hand over mine.

"It's been over a month and I've done almost nothing. I've dreamed about actually taking action, but now it all seems too real" I whisper, closing my eyes. "What if something goes wrong?"

"Then you're screwed" he dead pans. He turns around and I glare at him. "I'm kidding. Calm down, nothing will happen. And if something does, then we get out of there. Besides, what do you think will happen?"

I shake my head and look past him. So many things could happen. I could take one look at Tate and lose it. Someone could get killed. I could be the one that kills them. I could look at my Pack and want to join them again. I could have an all out fight with Ian. I don't want to hurt anymore people but I know I will. Because they hurt me.

You lied to me, you hurt me, now I'm going to hurt you.
****
I lean back into the leather seat of the car, closing my eyes. I take a deep breath, keeping my mind focused on my next task.

Create havoc. Get Ian. Leave.

Sounds simple. Probably is simple. But life was never meant to be simple. It was meant to have bumps in the road, meant to be hard. So why does this task make me feel as though something will go wrong?

Dylan and Ace are in the back seat, silent. Neither have spoken a word to each other, either because Dylan is angered that Ace has knocked him out at least four times, or because Ace is pissed that the plan involves me telling my Pack that Dylan and I are engaged.