Chapter nineteen

Isabella
----
We left in the early hours of the morning, but instead of walking, we took vehicles. It'll be easier to take Lucy and the others if we aren't pulling them with us.

I'm in the first car with father driving. Ace sits in the middle in the backseat and I'm in the passenger seat. The vehicles are black and fast, but also silent. In the second car are two top guards. That leaves five open seats for Lucy and her friends. If it happens that we have more than five, someone's going in the trunk.

My wolf has been hyped up since I woke. She's ready to kill, to take revenge on the people I once called my family. I've kept the dark aura surrounding me the whole car ride, even if I'm only with father and Ace. I feel the need to be ready for whatever happens.

The dirt road we are on follows the edge of the forest, which is far enough from the border that the Pack won't notice us. We'll take the cars into the forest as close as we can get, and from there, I'll use my dagger and super speed to search the grounds. Father, Ace and the guards will stay with the vehicles until I return with the knowledge of where they are.

I've thought of going in, pretending to be hurt, pretending to be on their side. They'd take me to Tate and I could strike him right there, but father says that would start to much havoc, and we aren't ready for it. Not until we find Ian and we train together.

I stare out the window, watching the trees blur past. In the rearview mirror I can see Chuck and Kenny, the two guards, driving.

Father slows down and then turns into the forest onto a small path. We trek slowly, making as little noise as possible. I can sense the border line from here, but it's still pretty far away.

Ace starts tapping his knife against the center console between father and me. He nods his head to the beat and father starts humming.

"Oh Goddess" I mutter, hiding my smile. Slowly but surely, they both start singing and I can't help but laugh at how off tuned they are. And even on a serious mission, they're goofing off. It doesn't matter how old you are apparently, acting like a child is still an option.

"Wait, stop here" I tell father after minutes of humming and drumming. He stops the car, becoming serious again, though he still holds a smile. I open my door, breathing in the fresh forest air. I get a whiff of the Pack, different scents coming together to form one.

"We're close" I tell father, rounding to the front of the car.

Chuck and Kenny turn off the engine of their car and step out, coming up to father. They stay silent, standing straight.

"How are you going with this" Ace asks, leaning on the hood. Using my vampire sight, I scan as far as I can through the forest, the border line coming into view. The outside of my vision becomes blurry as I focus on one thing.

Two guards stand separated on the border, and no doubt there's more all the way around. Tate must be really cautious now that I'm gone. And he should be. That lying piece of shit.

"I'll scan the area, find the group I'm looking for and then come back for you two" I point to father and Ace. Ace nods, giving me a look that says, be careful.

I pull out my dagger, running my thumb over my name engraved in the handle.

"Can you cut off the Pack link?" I ask father. He shakes his head.

"No, but you'll be able to hear the Pack link. You're still their Luna" he says. I growl, my eyes glowing silver and the wind picking up.

"Calm down Bella." Ace says, setting a hand on my shoulder. I nod my head and roll my shoulders back, giving them a wicked smile.