Chapter Prologue (REMASTERED)

Author's Note of Rexreal42: The characters in this story are mostly accurate to their source material with a few alterations that help improve the characters and the narrative as a whole. On top of this, most chapters between 1-15 have been remastered/modified due to the quality of those chapters not meeting my current standards.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.

.
"

Against all the evil that Hell can conjure, all the wickedness that mankind can produce, we will send unto them... only you. Rip and tear, until it is done."

-King Novik of the Night Sentinels

The ground was littered in the bones of those who fell. Their blood coated the plains they fought in. Despite all of their ferocity, it wasn't enough. Their demise was inevitable. The sky was blocked out by dark clouds that allowed no light to pass through. Oh, how this land is a mere shadow of its former self. Had it not been defiled, these plains would be filled with luscious life and prosperity. Unfortunately, all that's left is a harsh wasteland for the soulless to traverse. This land goes by many names, but most will know this as Hell.

The soulless demons that inhabit Hell are ruthless and without mercy. However, there is one entity that's worse, an entity known for his rage and might. A being whose name alone was able to break the toughest of wills. The being that struck such terror into the demons was none other than the Doom Slayer. The Doom Slayer was a vessel of relentless violence devoted to his cause to eradicate all demons. In his campaign, the Doom Slayer had resurrected the Dark Lord, the creator of Hell, to end the demon's reign for good. However, with the resurrection of the Dark Lord, the demons bolstered in strength and following his return, the Dark Lord managed to swarm the Doom Slayer with his armies of Hellspawn.

The Doom Slayer, a warrior clad in green armor, was locked in never-ending combat. Whenever he wiped out a group of demons, another group would take its place. The Slayer's raw strength was overwhelming for all the demons. A simple backhand from the Doom Slayer had enough force to split the creatures in two. He could cave in the ribcage of a Baron of Hell with a single punch. Nothing was a match for the Doom Slayer.

The warrior extended his arm blade to perform a wide sweep to slash through several demons before quickly drawing his infamous double-barreled Super Shotgun to blast an incoming Hell Knight to smithereens. Even the most durable of demons couldn't withstand the stopping power of the Super Shotgun as the tall and muscular creature exploded into a bloody mist where it used to be. A Dread Knight, a mechanically enhanced Hell Knight, attempted to pierce the warrior with its sharp blades. However, the Doom Slayer was much quicker and managed to grapple onto the demon before hurling him into the ground, causing it to burst into pieces as the Slayer continued fighting.

As the warrior slaughtered the demons, he absorbed their life essence with the power of his Praetor Suit. Their Hellish Essence fueled him, allowing him to fight endlessly without pause. Several spherical demons with large mouths descended upon the Slayer's position, unleashing an array of deadly projectiles. The warrior jumped in the air before using his suit's built-in thrusters to avoid the attack. He aimed the Super Shotgun at one of the floating Cacodemons and fired the chain-attached Meathook into the creature before reeling himself in. The warrior slammed his fist into the demon, disintegrating it with his might. He dashed forward immediately to shove his arm blade through the eye of another Cacodemon, putting the creature into a painful daze as it attempted to reorientate itself. The warrior blasted away at another Cacodemon before forcing the meat hook into the one he was currently holding onto. He sprung off the creature, extending the chain until it was fully taut and giving the warrior the opportunity to swing the creature around like a wrecking ball.