Chapter 15 (MODIFIED)

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.
.

Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Zenitsu made it to the edge of the crater, their eyes widening to the size of baseballs upon seeing the size of such a hole. They looked inside to find Rengoku in front of the Slayer, seemingly defending him. Tanjiro's heart sank upon seeing the Hellwalker on his knees in such a feeble state. He couldn't believe it, the person he deemed the strongest being on the planet was on his knees and there was a demon in front of him, unscathed. The boy couldn't make out the details of the demon too well but the prospect that there was something capable of bringing the Hellwalker to his knees shook him to his core. It sent shivers down his spine thinking what kind of demon the Slayer had to fight to be brought down like this. If the Hellwalker couldn't bring him down, who could?

Inosuke jumped into the crater immediately, snapping Tanjiro back to the current situation as he followed behind his comrade. Zenitsu nearly wet himself from the situation as he was already overwhelmed by the blood fields they just passed through, now followed up with a humongous crater unlike anything they've ever seen before, it was unnerving. Inosuke came charging down the crater as he shouted out, "Finally! A demon for me to kill!" as he lunged towards Akaza, blades first. Akaza disappeared due to his speed and he was suddenly in front of Inosuke, ready to ram his fist right through the boy. Fortunately, Rengoku intercepted the demon and sliced the arms off before kicking the demon away mid-air. The Hashira barked at Inosuke, "Boar boy, stand down! This demon is mine to handle."

Inosuke blinked several times, trying to process what nearly happened to him. Tanjiro soon caught up behind Rengoku, his sword raised to the demon before him. It took Akaza no time at all to regenerate his arm as he looked at the Demon Slayers in front of him with a bored expression. Tanjiro looked the demon up and down. So this was the demon capable of bringing the Slayer to his knees, the one thing that the Slayer couldn't destroy. If the Hellwalker couldn't bring him down, then how in the hell could he expect to do anything? The thought of fighting such a powerful demon made him tremble, he could only imagine how fast he would be killed off if they fought. Tanjiro couldn't process the demon's speed just now as it looked like he had just simply teleported in front of Inosuke. He couldn't track anything that had just happened. It dawned on him more than ever how inferior he was to everything around him and whatever courage he had faded away as his fear took over.

Rengoku glanced over to Tanjiro who was devoid of hope, his teeth slightly chattering and his legs were wobbly. The boy couldn't even hold his own sword straight anymore as it rattled left and right. Rengoku had to keep his eyes on the demon in front of him, he was simply far too dangerous to keep his eyes off of. However, he raised his voice for Tanjiro to hear as he encouraged, "Stay strong, Kamado, my boy. I will handle this demon." Tanjiro looked to his teacher, uncertain if even a Hashira would be able to take down such a strong opponent.

Akaza grew tired of being referenced as a demon and chimed in, "I have a name, you know, it's Akaza. That's pretty rude coming from a Hashira, to start spouting insults as if it's nobody's business without even introducing yourself, first." Rengoku was surprised that the demon was able to pick up the fact that he was a Hashira and asked how he knew. Akaza responded, "No ordinary demon hunter would be able to keep up with me, otherwise. I would've skewered that boy just now had it not been for you. However, compared to the Hellwalker, all of you are nothing but weak trash. Get out of my sight so I can finish off the Hellwalker."