Chapter 58

.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.

.
.

.
.

The Slayer threw several punches towards the Dark Lord, his arms were blurred from the speed they were moving at. However, the Dark Lord weaved out of the way of each punch, floating backwards to evade each punch that came his way. Davoth zoomed backwards to gain some distance from the Slayer. In response to this, the Hellwalker dug his fingers into the ground to rip out a large chunk of rock. The Slayer hurled the rock towards the Dark Lord with ease, the rock traveling faster than a bullet.

Davoth raised his hands in front of him to halt the rock in-place before disintegrating it into a mist of rock particles. As soon as he did this, the Slayer was already in the Dark Lord's face, preparing to strike the God. Davoth responded by reforming the rock that was hurled towards him around the Slayer's body, encasing him within it before dropping the rock to the floor with the warrior stuck inside.

As the rock hit the ground, the Slayer broke free from it's clutches. As the warrior stood back up on his feet, he began to sink into the ground as if it were quicksand. The Slayer yanked his feet out of the ground, but, as he did this, several tendrils of rock wrapped themselves around the Doom Slayer to drag him under. Every time the Slayer broke free, the rock tendrils only reformed and continued dragging him under. The Slayer scrambled for freedom but it didn't take long until he was completely submerged into the ground, nowhere to be seen.

Davoth took to the skies, anticipating the Slayer's reaction until the area in which the warrior was buried underneath exploded like a volcano. Thousands of tiny rocks rained down upon the battlefield with the Slayer standing in the very center of the crater he created. The warrior locked eyes with his target, jumping into the air fist-first to strike the Dark Lord who simply hovered out of the way. The Hellwalker knew this was going to happen and utilized the thrusters of his Praetor Suit to dash towards the Dark Lord without delay. However, the Slayer couldn't land a single hit on the Dark Lord while he was in the air, Davoth maintained his nonchalant expression as he evaded every single hit. After several seconds of this, Davoth pointed his hand at the Doom Slayer, freezing him in-place with his telekinesis. The Dark Lord flicked his hand downwards, hurling the Slayer into the ground and creating a crater around the impact area.

The Dark Lord spread his arms outwards as he directed his energy outwards to create purple silhouettes of several large beasts of varying types. They appeared to be demonic versions of ancient mythical creatures. As soon as the creatures were created, they began charging after the Doom Slayer who was recovering from the last attack. As the creatures touched down on the ground, surrounding the Slayer, they began closing in on the warrior all at once. The warrior swatted them aside with ease, punching and kicking his way through the silhouette creatures which dissipated upon impact.

After the Slayer had finished disposing of the silhouette creatures, he noticed a tidal wave of darkness approaching him. The Slayer couldn't dodge, so he instinctively raised his arms in self defense. Nothing happened. The Slayer lowered his arms, only to discover he was now in the Blood Swamps of Hell. He was in knee-deep water with fog so thick you can barely see what's in front of you. He could make out the distinct shape of trees and other unique plants that belonged to the Blood Swamps as well as the blue-ish-green sky that was obscured in dark clouds.