Chapter 12

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.

.
.

Bloody and battered, the poor demon slayer helplessly crawled away as he had lost his leg from the battle. He is just a boy who had come in with several of his friends. However, they were disposed of very quickly, it was too much. The sky was pitch black with no sight of the moon nearby. The boy had no idea where he was or where he was going, all he knew was that he needed to get away. He used his own Nichirin Blade to drag himself away from the threat.

"Who said you can leave?" A voice called from above him as he was pinned to the floor. The boy fearfully looked to the right and was met with the sight of a demon mere inches away from his face, baring its bloody fangs to the boy. He looked the other direction and found another demon with the same expression on its face. The boy's voice became shaky as he cried out:

"P-please don't k-kill me."

The demons said nothing as the boy felt the pressure on his back be removed and he was free. He was relieved, preparing to thank them before he was silenced by the horde of hungry demons that began to feast upon him like wild animals. They all continuously bit into the boy, ripping away chunks of his flesh and tearing him limb from limb so they can each get their share of the meal.

They heard the sounds of a crow flying above them and looked to find one of the Kasugai Crows observing the events unfold. The demons grew fearful as they pointed out, "We can't let that thing get away! It'll surely give away our location to the rest of those demon hunters!"

Lower Rank 3, Wakuraba, extended his arm to block the demons as he explained, "No, let it go. That bird will call for reinforcements and when they show up: we'll be ready. It's time we reveal Operation: Super Gore Nest." The demons turn around to feast their eyes upon the army they had gathered. Hundreds of demons perked their heads up, wide eyed and filled with bloodlust. It was a sea of demons that stretched out as far as the eye can see. No one in this world has seen anything remotely close to this. Normally, demons have minded their own business and prefer to go rogue. Now, things are different. With a united enemy, hundreds of demons have united with a common goal: to kill the Hellwalker. It doesn't even matter if a Hashira comes in, even those arrogant bastards have only ever fought one demon at a time. How does anyone plan to overcome an army of regenerating demons? They would love to see a poor Demon Slayer try. The fearful Kasugai Crow fled the scene to retreat back to headquarters and call for help.

Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Zenitsu were sitting atop the rooftops of the town they were in. They each occupied separate sectors of the small town, constantly moving about to see if they can catch a glimpse of the large demon. Rengoku was nowhere in sight, he said he would be in a position to keep an eye on each of them but that position's not in plain sight. Tanjiro was anxious as he was very far away from the rest of his crew. The fact that he's having to face a demon that required a Hashira to come in puts him on edge. Inosuke looked forward to the challenge, craving the thrill of action. Zenitsu was completely scared, his legs shaking as he couldn't pull himself together. Zenitsu absolutely hated fighting, especially when it's against a demon. He lived every moment of his life believing he would die and cowered in fear of it all.

Tanjiro heard a large commotion coming from the forest. He turned towards the loud sound and noticed a flock of birds fleeing the scene. That had to be it, there was no doubt in his mind. He kept his blade ready, keeping his breathing under control as he prepared for the incoming fight.