Rexreal42's Q&A

This is an actual Q&A for the original author, hope you understand it's answers.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Now that I've finished the first arc of this story, I think it's time I start addressing some of your questions. I've read all of your comments loud and clear and I genuinely understand your frustration and confusion surrounding the decisions I've made. As the author of this story, I end up seeing aspects of my story differently because I know how it will turn out, I know what it means in the grand scheme of things because I have the story planned out. Consequently, I partially lack the self-awareness needed to understand how some of the concepts of my story are portrayed to the viewers who don't know where the story's going. That's why I want to take some time to address some of your questions. I am not here to explain plot details or even change your minds in any capacity, I am here to simply explain my thought process and some of the decisions I've made to the story. So, let's begin.

Q: Why no guns?

A: In my opinion, having his weapons wouldn't make a big difference in the grand scheme of things. Besides, I really want to dig into that crossover aspect by having the Slayer adapt to the world of Demon Slayer and learn their abilities and customs. I see it as an expansion on the Slayer's arsenal as well as growing stronger because of this story. Lastly, the removal of his weapons is a mercy for the other characters. This ties back to the first point where it won't change much in the grand scheme of things.

Q: Why out of character?

A: Inexperience with the Doom Slayer is the primary reason for his out-of-character moments. I've never worked with a character like the Doom Slayer before, I've never dealt with anyone that's as quiet and as active as he is. Doomguy makes things happen, he takes control of the plot and shifts the world to suit his needs. On top of his personality, his strength was something I had difficulty coming to terms with, especially in the beginning. I will admit that I subconsciously nerfed the Slayer at first because I did not have a good grasp on his power opposed to now. As for his praetor suit and its abilities, I have not forgotten about it. I'm quite aware of its abilities, however, it's not the suit that's the problem, I'll leave it at that. I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear through the story.

So now, I'll try my best to explain the remaining tidbits of what I can explain without spoiling the story. So, I'll start off with the Marauder. There is only one Marauder in this story. I have an explanation, but I cannot spoil it now. As for the recent fight with Akaza, the Slayer did not lose. The exhaustion inflicted upon the Slayer was brought upon himself by his own hands, not Akaza's. This will partially be addressed in the next chapter, but the full explanation will not be given until later in the story. I apologize if I didn't make this clear.

Lastly, I'd like to shed some light on the Demon Slayer side of this story. I've been rewriting aspects of Demon Slayer to enhance the overall experience. These changes are not exclusive to the Slayer and his influence. Moments in the story where the Slayer isn't present are where my most noticeable changes can be found such as Tanjiro's time at the mansion. The reason I've been putting a major emphasis on Tanjiro is because he is an equally important character as Doomguy when it comes to this story. I wish to work on the weaknesses of Demon Slayer's story and develop it to enhance the overall experience. Look forward to the things I'm going to change and how the story develops.