Chapter 54

.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.

.
.

Inosuke ran through the battlefield towards the closest Sentinel Atlan in order to tame it. The boy was completely oblivious to the fact that it was a machine as he was currently under the impression that all the vehicles around him were wild animals. As he ran towards the Sentinel Atlan, a Night Sentinel grabbed him by the arm and barked at the child, "Where do you think you're going?! Are you trying to get yourself killed?!"

Inosuke pointed towards the nearby Atlan which was battling a demonic titan and exclaimed, "Let go, asshole! I want to tame that creature!"

The Night Sentinel shook his head repeatedly in disbelief as he commented, "You think that our Atlans are just some creature that you can tame?!"

"Yeah! Now let go!"

Inosuke tried prying himself free from the Sentinel's grasp but the armored soldier was much stronger than the boy had anticipated. The man firmly held the boy still and explained to him, "In case you can't tell, that is a machine, not a wild animal! There's no way for you to enter it right now, the docking bays are back at Argent D'nur. But if you really want to try 'taming' one of the Atlans, bring it to our officers."

"Those jerks from earlier can get me one of those Atlans?! AWESOME!" Inosuke was freed from the man's grip as he ran towards the direction of the officers he and Kanao confronted earlier. The Night Sentinel stood there, bewildered by Inosuke's behaviour because he didn't tell Inosuke he'd get his own Atlan. Well, at least his superiors can deal with that child now, it's no longer his issue.

.

.

.

.

.

Fall of Davoth by Geoffrey Day

The Slayer slowly walked up to the Dark Lord's throne, locking his gaze on the target he's been chasing after for so long now. Davoth remained still, observing the Slayer from inside his mechanized red suit, leaving his head exposed for the time being so he could look upon the Slayer with his own eyes as he began stating to the warrior, "You bring violence and war to thwart the Dark Realm, but conflict was born in Hell. It is inevitable…" The god took several steps forward until he was at the edge of his platform before continuing, "... a fire that fuels creation and gives purpose where there is none." The plates of the Dark Lord's helmet began to fall back into place as it covered his face and sealed him from the outside elements. The suit bent its knees before jumping off the platform and into the arena to face the Slayer in combat. Upon standing back up, the two combatants stared at each other intensely before slowly travelling around the perimeter of the arena in a circle, their eyes locked onto their opponent. "Stand and fight, Slayer. Honor your true God. Fight, and show me your purpose."

Both combatants drew their weapons and ignited their swords. A large and orange energy shield expanded from Davoth's suit's left wrist, the shield was nearly as large as he was. They bent their knees in anticipation, assuming their fighting stances as they prepared to lunge at each other and begin their long-awaited duel. The Slayer channeled his spiritual energy to heighten his physical capabilities, he wasn't expecting any easy battle up ahead.

Both warriors zoomed towards each other at incredible speeds but the Dark Lord's suit was much quicker, seemingly able to teleport right in front of the warrior, bashing his shield into the Doom Slayer with enough force to blast him backwards into the wall. As the Slayer slammed into the barrier, the Dark Lord used his suit's thrusters to slide over towards the Slayer and slash at the warrior. The Slayer pointed his wrists towards the ceiling, firing his grappling hooks towards it to pull himself above the Dark Lord. Just as the mech suit sliced through the wall where the Slayer previously was, the Slayer twirled behind the Dark Lord just as he ascended past him and slashed with his demonic crucible which grazed the plating of the armor. Without delay, Davoth spun around instantaneously and back-handed the Doom Slayer with his shield, knocking him further away into the arena.