Chapter 1 (REMASTERED)

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.

.
.

The Doom Slayer rose to his feet, fists raised as he frantically looked around the forest he was in. There was no sign of demons anywhere and that confused him. He didn't ponder any longer as he turned around, observing every nook and cranny of the area but it was simply an ordinary forest, nothing more, nothing less. Still, he was skeptical and the adrenaline flowing through his body would not flush out. He had been fighting for so long it wasn't possible for the adrenaline to go away because the fighting never stopped. However, he does have breathing room to think and consider his current situation. The Dark Lord sent him away to a dimension that is still in-tact, surprising considering any world that has been tainted by Hell's armies would've been burnt to the ground by now. Why would the Slayer be sent to a planet filled to the brim with life?

This was most likely a trap, the Dark Lord wouldn't willingly engage without a plan so there must be a purpose to this dimension, a purpose the Slayer is unaware of. The only thing left to do is spring the trap and see what's in store for the warrior. He found an opening in the forest not too far away and began making his way towards it. He proceeded with caution, still not buying the peaceful dimension he had been sent into as this could be another one of Hell's numerous traps.

He dashed out of the forest expecting a fight but he was greeted by the blinding light of the sun in his eye. His praetor suit immediately filtered the light to make it easier for him to see the vast farmland in front of him. He took in the sight of his new environment and felt nostalgic upon seeing this but couldn't quite place his finger on why. After being woken up by the robotic scientist, Samuel Hayden, in the UAC Facility on Mars, he realized he had amnesia and didn't remember anything from his past besides his unyielding rage towards the demons he despised. Bits of his memory came back over time, or at least, everything he felt he needed to know regarding the likes of the deceitful Maykrs and the ruthless demons.

His attention was drawn to a nearby path that led back into the trees. Following that path was probably his best way to discover the mystery of this dimension and figure out the Dark Lord's plan. As he moved towards the walkway, he reflected on his last encounter with the Marauder. They were comrades, brothers-in-arms at one point in the Slayer's life when they were both Night Sentinels. Time has taken a toll on both individuals and eventually, they found themselves against one another. The Marauder was never a threat to the Slayer but he had proven to be a much more capable foe this time around. The Dark Lord must've played a part in the demon's sudden boost in strength and speed, it was unnatural considering the numerous times they've fought from their initial reunion at the ARC Complex on Earth to the devastated angel world of Urdak.

Once he had arrived at the pathway, he looked both directions and tried to figure out which way he should go. As he looked to the right, he could see a small group of people exit the forest and immerse themselves in the light. Two of them wore similar attire while the third individual had a very grotesque outfit. He didn't pay any more attention to the batch as he set his sights on his next destination. He began walking towards the direction the three boys came from, unintentionally intercepting them.

The member of the group with the most grotesque appearance was shirtless and wearing a boar's head as some sort of mask and he wore a large pelt around his waist as well as having torn his pants in some parts to give his legs the illusion of appearing animalistic. He was taken aback by the Slayer rapidly approaching them, little did he know that he wasn't heading towards them. The boy didn't seem to understand that and unsheathed two serrated blades and leapt towards the warrior while exclaiming, "YOU WANT TO FIGHT?! THEN LET'S GO!" The boy dove towards the warrior, blades first. The Slayer didn't have any business with these children as he quickly grabbed the boar-headed boy and slammed him into the ground as gently as he could without killing him. The boy gasped in pain and breathed as if his lungs suddenly collapsed, letting out the occasional cough as he tried to breathe.