Chapter 6 (MODIFIED)

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.

.
.

The Slayer trekked across the open fields of the new land he's found himself in. His thoughts were occupied with his outburst from earlier. It was so unnatural for him, he couldn't explain why he did it. Perhaps it was Nezuko; However, they just met so the Slayer has no reason to feel any sort of attachment towards her. That little girl he saw in his head, her voice… Just who was she? Thinking about it makes him feel unnaturally relaxed yet anxious, he didn't know why.

The Slayer pondered on this as he recalled his past. However, he hit a roadblock with his memories due to his amnesia. After waking up from the Sarcophagus: he had no recollection of anything that happened. All he had when he woke up was his unyielding rage towards the demons, that's it. Over time, he remembered bits and pieces of his past, going as far as when he was taken prisoner to Argent D'nur. Ofcourse, he remembers fighting demons for a very long time, perhaps too long, before he wound up in Sentinel Prime, one of the many cities under the Night Sentinel's control.

It was there, where he had to fight for his freedom within their gladiatorial arenas and earn his place amongst the Night Sentinels. He made many allies during his time there, but when the Khan Maykr's true intent was revealed and they were forced to pick sides: He was parted from those he deemed his closest friends. Many of them met an untimely fate during the following civil war but the best of the best were handpicked to be resurrected as demons. One of them came to be the Marauder he knows today.

Despite remembering that chunk of his life, he knows there's more to it. There's a humongous blank spot before any of that happened, events he couldn't seem to recall. Perhaps it's within those memories where he'll understand who's voice that was that interrupted him earlier.

He looked up to see a crow flying past in a hurry, it looked similar to the crows he's seen already. The ones that spoke and gave announcements to the demon slayers. He found it odd how an animal such as a crow would be able to talk. Then again, if parrots can: So can anything else.

The Slayer then realized that he had not snagged any of the Nichirin Blades from the Hashira, he was too caught up on the events that were happening to think clearly and abduct a sword for himself. Hopefully this stranger that the Slayer is preparing to meet with can arrange for him to receive his own blade.

It wasn't until several hours later of nothing but walking through the open fields where he found what he hoped was Mount Sagiri. It was difficult to distinguish from the others due to the similarity but the directions he was given pointed towards this specific mountain.

When he approached the forest, he noticed a figure in the distance remaining still. He might as well check it out, hopefully this person can show him the way. As he approached, he got a better look at the person's attire and it was an odd yet refreshing change of pace. The person waiting on the road is presumably an older man who has his face obscured with a strange but stylized red mask with a protruding nose. He wore a simple light-blue kimono and black pants underneath.

As the Slayer approached the stranger, the person spoke up in a gravelly voice: "You must be the Hellwalker that Tanjiro spoke of." That's when the Slayer stopped a few feet in front of the man. "There is no need to introduce yourself, Tanjiro has caught me up to speed with your current predicament; And I must say: it's certainly one to take note of."