Chapter 14 (MODIFIED)

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.

.
.

Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Zenitsu were following their mentor, Rengoku. There were reports of a demon army gathered nearby and all available members in the Demon Slayer Corps were to mobilize immediately. From what they can tell, they were the closest besides anyone else. They were speeding through a forest path but it would take a bit more time for the others to show up. Knowing this, why don't they wait for the rest of the corps to show up? Wouldn't it be ill-advised to tackle the army head-on with no reinforcements? Rengoku didn't think so.

A Kasugai Crow sweeped down and glided alongside the crew as it stated, "The Hellwalker has engaged the enemy! I repeat! The Hellwalker has engaged the enemy!" The three boys were baffled, even Tanjiro's heart skipped a beat upon hearing this. Zenitsu cried out:

"How?! I thought we were the closest group!" There was no response from the Crow as it soared into the sky and ventured elsewhere. Inosuke was pissed, sprinting even faster as he exclaimed:

"Damn it! There's a whole army of demons for me to kill and he's dining in, first! Hurry up, slowpokes! Lord Inosuke's got places to be!"

Rengoku smiled before exclaiming, "I concur with Boar Boy, how about we pick up the pace?" The three boys sprinted even faster now, doing their best to keep up with their master.

.

.

.

.

.

The Slayer threw a powerful punch that was far too fast for Akaza to dodge as his into a million pieces. The warrior followed up with a gut punch that made his fist shoot through the demon's body, allowing him to split the Upper Moon demon with ease. He tossed the body in front of him and watched as it regenerated instantly. This was an annoying scuffle. Without his nichirin blade, they would both be repeating this cycle endlessly until the sun came up, an outcome he isn't particularly in-favor of. He'd much rather kill the demon with his own hands than wait until the sun came up to do the job.

Akaza smiled, he was in no way intimidated by the hellwalker, the prospect of fighting such a legendary warrior excited him more than anything else. He was incredibly thankful for the fact that the Warrior was without his blade or else this fight would've been over in seconds. The Upper Moon had a unique ability where he could predict his opponent's attacks based on how strong their battle spirit is. The Hellwalker's was strong, unbelievably so. He could see the attacks in his head as clear as day but none of that mattered because he simply couldn't dodge any of it. This man was in a league of his own, far beyond Muzan or any of his other colleagues he's competed against for years. This was an excellent opportunity for the demon to grow stronger and hone his skills.

Akaza spoke up, "You know, I'm enjoying this, I-" The Slayer struck the demon's jaw off with a swift strike followed up with a secondary one that blew the demon's away. The creature landed on his back several meters away as he regenerated and finished his statement, "As I was saying, I'm glad that we're able to fight like this, you and I. No one else quite has the stamina that you do and your strength is astonishing! I truly see why you are the Hellwalker. I thank you for this opportunity to let me improve, I'm looking forward to what I can learn from you."