Chapter 22

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The Slayer followed behind his Kasugai Crow for several hours until he had arrived at the Swordsmith Village. Considering he was going to replace his blade, he gave Rengoku back his sword. Upon arriving at the village, he was greeted by the sight of everyone wearing stylized pink masks like Sagetsu, every single person in the village had their faces obscured.

The village was hidden within a large forest packed to the brim with humongous trees. It's no wonder ordinary folk get lost in the forest and require assistance. All of the wooden buildings within the village were just as tall as the trees and were built with the environment in mind. Various rocks were taken advantage of to great effect to create pathways or used to support buildings as a foundation. "Efficient" is the best way to describe the town, no rock or space was left unused. At least the people here are productive with their resources.

The Slayer's vulture swooped down low, latching onto the man's arm as he raised it. The Vulture informed the warrior, "Go straight ahead! The Chief is waiting for you!" The Slayer nodded, ushering for the creature to take its leave now that its duty is fulfilled. The warrior was able to quickly discern where he needed to go and was soon in the presence of the village chief who had two bodyguards (from the looks of it) next to him. They were inside the chief's room where the older man conducted his business.

The village chief, Tecchin Tecchikawahara, began with the introductions. He is a tiny, elderly man that has his face obscured by his own pink mask. He wears a simple kimono with a black haori over it (both sewn to accomodate for the man's size). He spoke up, "So, that youngster, Ubayashiki, tells me that you're the Hellwalker from that silly fairy tale, is that right?" The Slayer nodded, hoping they could get this over with and the Slayer could be on his way with his new Nichirin Blade. "Well, you're certainly not the man I had envisioned you to be, but I suppose it is what it is." The warrior crossed his arms out of annoyance. "We will inform Sagetsu as soon as possible, he should have a replacement ready for you. Until then, feel free to take a dip in our hot springs, they do wonders for the body."

The Slayer began to exit the room and once he opened the doors, he heard something stampeding towards him. He turned to see Sagetsu blazing down the streets of the village as he screamed at the top of his lungs, "MISTER HELLWALKERRRRRR!" The masked man attempted to stop himself but that only resulted in an embarrassing tumble as the man rolled past the Doom Slayer. It took the swordsmith zero seconds to get back up and grab the large warrior as he attempted to shake him ferociously, " COMEWITHMECOMEWITHMECOMEWITHME! You're going to LOVE what I came up with!" Looks like Sagestu was as enthusiastic as always.

Sagetsu couldn't stop moving, even when he was standing still, he had to be pacing or hopping in some way to keep himself moving. It's a mystery how he doesn't get tired. Sagetsu was so excited, in fact, that they sprinted back to his house. This wasn't an issue for the Doom Slayer but it speaks volumes about the man's energy and the fact that he doesn't have the patience to even walk back peacefully. What was this ground-breaking creation that Sagetsu was so excited about? Sagetsu's excitement started to rub off on the Slayer who was also anticipating what the man had created.

They arrived at a small shed that belonged to Sagetsu and upon entering, the Slayer was greeted to the unholy mess that was the man's room. The floor was covered in metal bits and broken blades. It wasn't even neatly organized in one spot, it was as if Sagetsu just randomly tossed the swords away as if they were trash. While the Slayer was busy looking at the mess left behind by Sagetsu, the swordsmith was opening a large chest which had another chest in it. The Slayer began to wonder if Sagetsu was the incarnation of "overdoing it". Once the second chest was open, Sagetsu took out an object which was obscured by a piece of cloth that was neatly wrapped around an object. Once uncovered, Sagetsu revealed to the Slayer a modified version of his Doom Blade.