Chapter 20

.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.

.
.
.
.

.
.

Muzan was in his usual location, in front of the chemistry table experimenting with his various testing tubes. He had been using the research he had gathered to form a substitute to the Blue Spider Lily. When Muzan was young, he had been born with a disease that would've been fatal had it not been for his doctor's prototype cure that involved the Spider Lily. However, in a fit of rage because the results were not instantaneous, he had killed the poor doctor. It wasn't until later where the effects of the cure began to kick in and Muzan had become the first demon on that Earth. Unfortunately, because the medicine wasn't fully administered and was in its prototype stages, he's been cursed with the inability to interact with the sun to any capacity. He had spent his many years of living in search of the Blue Spider Lily so he could conquer the sun and bask in the true glory of being a demon. However, he has had no success in that department which is why he's attempted to recreate its effects numerous times but failed.

That's what his subordinates were for, on top of hoping that one of his demons would eventually develop a natural immunity so he could absorb them, he would hope that at least one of the many demons out there would stumble upon the blasted thing. Unfortunately, none of that has happened. With the recent death of Daki, Muzan has seriously considered dismantling the remaining Moons which is why he's summoned them for a meeting. The only ones left were Upper Moons one to five.

Upper Moon Five, Gyokko, is an abstracted and grotesque white creature with no arms that appears as though he's growing from the pot he's attached to. On top of having multiple infant-like hands on his back, his eyes are replaced with a pair of lips and his eyeballs are where his mouth and forehead should be.

Upper Moon Four, Hantengu, is a short and frail old man covered in veins and wrinkles. His face is very angular on top of having a noticeable bump on his forehead accompanied with a pair of horns curling upwards. He has dark hair on top of a similarly colored kimono and pants.

Upper Moon Two, Doma, is a muscular young man with long and spiky pale-golden hair. His eyebrows are dark and thick with his rainbow-gradient eyes contrasting with it. He wears a red turtle-neck with a black blood-stain pattern along the openings of his shirt. His attire is finished with a pair of straight, tan-colored hakama pants.

Upper Moon One, Kokushibo, is a tall, young man with long and spiky black hair kept in a ponytail. He has three sets of red eyes with yellow pupils with flame-patterned red marking covering his face and neck. He wears a black and purple nagagi kimono along with black hakama pants. He also has a sword that he carries around his waist.

Each of the demons had arrived before Muzan, Kokushibo being the first to arrive before everyone else. Muzan had already given the demons the news of Daki's death, marking the first Upper Moon death within 113 years. He had just finished scolding his subordinates. Although he was more relaxed around this bunch compared to the pathetic lower moons he sent to die at the hands of the Hellwalker, he was still immeasurably disappointed in them. They were either prostrated or kneeling before their master as he continued with his scolding.

"... and Akaza, is the Hellwalker dead as you promised?"

Akaza threw up his eyebrows, catching the attention of his subordinates as they all stared at the demon. Akaza swallowed out of nervousness and explained, "N-no… I didn't get a chance. The sun started to rise while we were fighting. However! I'm fairly certain I eliminated one of the Hashira-"