Chapter 50

.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.

.
.

The weather of Immora was eerily calm as the ominous gray clouds loomed over the capital of Hell. The Dark Lord waited in anticipation of the Doom Slayer's arrival, he knew the Hellwalker was well on his way to Immora as he had received reports of the Doom Slayer and his ally cutting through the forces of Hell back on Earth. He knew they would soon pass through the Gate of Divum and when they did, he would be waiting alongside his army.

During the Slayer's time in the distant dimension he was sent to by the Dark Lord, Davoth's best scientists have been working extensively to create a powerful suit of armor for the Dark Lord that would overwhelm the warrior. They had collected data for the suit by using the Super Doom Hunter as a reference to make the necessary changes needed to the Dark Lord's armor.

The Dark Lord's suit was a large, angular, and crimson red machine that was two to three times larger than Davoth, himself. The machine supported its own set of shoulder launchers similar to the Doom Slayer and possessed arching black horns along the sides of the suit's helmet to resemble a typical demon.

They are here…

Immora portal scene by David Levy

Davoth and his imperial guard, Immoran soldiers wearing standard crimson armor, stepped outside of a watch tower planted on top of Immora's city wall. The wall was a humongous, crimson and black superstructure that pierced the sky, dwarfing even hell's largest demons in size. Despite being set so high in the air, Davoth could see the barren wastelands beyond the walls perfectly. The ground was littered by bones from the countless corpses that have decomposed here. A grayish-brown ash coated the wastelands below.

Emerging from a blue portal from the far edge of the wasteland in front of Davoth was the Doom Slayer accompanied by his ally. Davoth furrowed his brow out of slight confusion to see who was accompanying the Doom Slayer: it was Tanjiro. The boy was much taller than before and wore a modified version of Xernex's armor while leaving his sentinel prosthetics exposed. Additionally, he was wearing his haori like a cape that was slung over his right arm.

So that's where Xernex's missing armor is at. The question still remains as to who stole it, clearly not this child. Currently, the Dark Lord was intrigued by the ferocious expression Tanjiro had plastered on his face. Despite his mouth and nose being covered by Xernex's mask, his eyes communicated intense rage and a newfound resolve. So this is the boy that the Doom Slayer has chosen to accompany him as he dies. Try as they might, nothing can stop the Dark Lord.

Davoth raised his hands up as he ordered, "Atem me…!" With that single command, all of Davoth's forces began to reveal themselves in the face of the Doom Slayer. The rest of Davoth's imperial guard marched up to the edge of the wall, aiming their rifles at the two new targets. Hiding within the corpses of the barren wastelands were the demons who obeyed their master's command. Every demon that the Doom Slayer has faced over the years presented themselves. There was an individual army for each demon, all scattered amongst one another as the fodder demons stepped forward to protect the heavier demons who supported from the back. Cacodemon and Pain Elementals took to the sky as their allies below them all roared intensely.

At the very back of the army were several dozen Titan demons that were barely half as tall as the wall behind them. They stepped forward before letting out a breathy howl that emitted a foul stench from their mouths. Lastly, a separate fleet of ships hovered above the walls. The fleet of ships consisted of many crimson vessels shaped like an inverted cross while others had a more peculiar shape. This was the army that the Dark Lord had prepared in anticipation of the Doom Slayer. All this was just for him, exclusively. However, they were not alone…