Chapter 41

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.

.
.

.
Muzan stood in front of his chemistry bench, repeatedly flipping through the pages of a scientific book as he was desperately trying every combination of elements possible to obtain the solution to perfection. He had long since given up on his search for the Blue Spider Lily as he had tried for centuries but found nothing despite his research into the subject. He had hoped one of his demons would've found it by now but even that has proved to be futile. He stopped what he was doing once he heard the distinct sound of a portal opening next to him. He sighed out of disappointment as he put his utensils down. It was most likely the Marauder who came with another assignment for Muzan. As if he didn't have enough to deal with as is. However, he was not prepared for what he saw enter through the portal.

Although it was the Marauder, Muzan was shocked by the demon's physical change. He was covered from head to toe in crimson Immoran metal but still carried his iconic axe and the Slayer's Super Shotgun hanging from his hip. Muzan felt the need to tease the demon in a mocking tone, "Did your body get mutilated in battle or something?" The Marauder didn't feel the need to answer Muzan. He cared not for his pride or dignity, he was not here to make himself look good in front of such a weakling. His only purpose was to avenge Argent D'nur and obey the Dark Lord's will. Ignoring the comment, the Marauder quickly interjected:

"The Dark Lord has sent me to aid you in your efforts for immortality."

Muzan raised his eyebrows in shock as he was not expecting the assistance of the Marauder who humiliated him. He said in response, "Really? And how are you going to help me exactly?"

The Marauder looked towards the chemistry bench and saw a separate book with a page showcasing the Blue Spider Lily and it's contents before turning his attention back to the Muzan, "You need the Blue Spider Lily, correct?"

Muzan partially groaned as he sorted through several papers on his desk and organized them for the Marauder to see as he explained while pointing at different sections of each paper, "I've been investigating for centuries and have found nothing. I looked through every single piece of evidence that could possibly tell of its location. However, it's whereabouts have been denied to me. After years of searching, I thought I had finally found it. It was roughly three years ago where my research directed me towards a snowy mountaintop that was supposed to house the Blue Spider Lily but all I ended up finding was a coal-burning family. I killed them before tearing the house apart in the hopes of finding the damn thing. I was left disappointed after that expedition and gave up my search for the Blue Spider Lily. That's why I've been researching how to simulate its effects so I won't need it but my efforts have been futile. It's just frustrating because all of the evidence pointed towards that mountaintop, I don't know where I went wrong!"

The Marauder spoke after hearing Muzan's tale, "Then I shall begin my search there."

Muzan shook his head in disbelief as he believed the Marauder wouldn't be able to find anything and warned, "Be my guest. I doubt you'll be able to find anything. The best I can do to help you is have one of my subordinates drop you off in the nearest town. You'll have to go the rest of the way on your own." Muzan turned his head towards another nearby platform where a pale woman with shiny, waist-length, dark hair that was parted to reveal her singular, pink eye with the markings of Upper Moon Four etched into it. She wore a black kimono secured by a pale-brown obi and held a wooden biwa in her hands. "Nakime." Muzan commanded. The woman didn't need to say anything in response, she understood her master's desire and fulfilled it. With a simple strike of her Biwa string, the Marauder vanished from his current position and was relocated to the town closest to the mountaintop Muzan had searched.