Chapter 44

.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.

.
.

The Slayer angrily paced around the crater he had created during his moment of blind rage against the Super Doom Hunter. The sky was cloudy and the sun would occasionally leak through from time to time. The warrior had arrived at the location hours ago and had been impatiently waiting for the demon's arrival so he could destroy them. Kanao, Inosuke, Nezuko, and Zenitsu had arrived as well and were quite anxious about the situation but they couldn't fathom how impatient or frustrated the Doom Slayer was at that moment. They remained silent as they sat in the crater in silence until the demons finally showed up. The Doom Slayer quietly growled underneath his helmet, he couldn't wait any longer, he wanted those blasted creatures to reveal themselves already!

The Slayer's wish was fulfilled once he heard the distinct sound of a Hell Portal open from the other side of the crater. He whipped around and readied himself for combat, lunging towards the other side of the area to attack whoever stepped through. The other demon slayers quickly got up but were nowhere near as fast as the Hellwalker who was already charging towards the portal. He stopped once he saw Tanjiro step through the gateway, hands raised in the air as the Cultist Marauder emerged from the portal behind the boy with the Slayer's Super Shotgun pointed at Tanjiro's back. Xernex exclaimed for the warrior to hear, "Stay where you are or I pull the trigger." The Slayer angrily did as requested and watched as the rest of the Marauder's Night Sentinel squad emerged from the portal, weapons raised and pointed towards the Slayer.

Xernex stowed the Super Shotgun away by hooking it onto his belt and explained, "In honor of my demands, I return the boy to you safely." The Night Sentinel gestured with his head for Tanjiro to step forward. The Slayer kept his eyes on Tanjiro and noticed his spirits were low as if the boy was drained of hope. Tanjiro trudged forward and stopped until he was in front of the warrior. Tanjiro's friends and family quickly rushed over to him, embracing him as they all called out his name. They might have been more composed than the Hellwalker but they were just as fearful for the boy's safety as he was. They made room for the man as Flynn knelt down in front of Tanjiro and placed his hands on the Tanjiro's shoulders before asking:

"Are you hurt?"

Tanjiro shook his head as he explained, "No, he didn't lay a single hand on me the entire time. None of them did…" The Slayer glanced towards the Marauder before standing up once more and noting:

"You still have your soft spot for children."

Xernex crossed his arms out of annoyance as he retorted, "Don't mock me, Slayer."

Tanjiro looked back towards the Marauder as he pleaded, "Is this really necessary? Are there really no other alternatives?" The Slayer and Xernex agreed on something for once as no words needed to be exchanged between them to express their distaste for one another. Tanjiro understood immediately, disheartened by their response which made him look towards the floor as he was lost in thought. He raised his eyes towards the Marauder once more as he requested, "Before you guys begin, could I ask him about what you told me?"

Xernex was preparing for battle as he drew his argent axe and nodded in response to the boy's question, hoping the exchange would be brief. Xernex and his sentinels had been itching to fight the Slayer as well and were growing weary of the wait. Tanjiro then asked the Slayer, "Mister Flint, did you really kill Mister Xernex during the civil war?"

Doom & Demon Slayer: Kimetsu No Yaiba Xoverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें