Chapter 17

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.

The Slayer was out in the woods, doing his training during the day. He needed to get to work refining his new Blood Breathing technique he stumbled upon. Right now, all he had was his first form. Unfortunately, his arm blade was broken so he was using Rengoku's sword until he could find a suitable replacement. He dashed through the forest, blood flowing behind his blade as he sliced through tree after tree without a second thought. He was trying to figure out a new form but was stuck. It didn't help that he didn't have a good grip of his new powers so he wasn't sure what foundation he's supposed to be building off of. Also, he was using a whole blade instead of his signature arm blade that he was used to.

He stopped after cutting through an entire row of trees, he was getting nowhere. He needed to figure out his next course of action because he's fairly certain he just dropped the total population of the demons here by a significant margin. That gives him less of a chance to find Muzan's whereabouts and an even lower chance of getting back to his universe to stop the Dark Lord. He was going to need a better plan.

He looked at Rengoku's sword, turning it at different angles to observe its craftsmanship. After studying it for a period of time, he performed a very quick slash in the air. Blood shot out from the blade like a small projectile and slashed the tree. The Slayer had to do a double take after what he just saw, performing the same maneuver again but with less success. He was intrigued to say the least, there's potential with this little trick.

.

.

.

.

.

Uzui took the boys to the Yoshiwara Red Light District where he suspected there was demonic activity going around. He had been investigating for quite some time with his three wives who he had kept communications with until they suddenly stopped. He had been searching for them ever since but hasn't found any success which is why he needed girl demon slayers to go undercover and be sold off to separate households as prostitutes to gather information. The three boys begrudgingly had to go infiltrate as girls, going with new aliases: Tanjiro was now Sumiko, Inosuke was Inoko, and Zenitsu went by Zenko. They had to destroy their pride as men and put on makeup so it can be believable that they're girls to get the job done.

The district buildings were no higher than two stories but it was filled to the brim with customers. Pedestrians moving out of the way of one another as they bought prostitutes as if it was a market. This unnerved the boys but they were fortunate enough to be sold off to the necessary households where Uzui suspected his wives were previously at. Inosuke was sold off to the Ogimoto household, Zenitsu was sold off to the Kyougoku household, and Tanjiro to the Tokito house. They each gathered whatever intel they could, Tanjiro having the most success at the moment as he heard something happened to one of Uzui's wives. However, the boy suspects that it's a coverup made by the demon so no one would suspect a thing.

It was currently night time for the boy as he slept within the Tokito household. He was seeing it again, that same nightmare that played out every night. He walked home to see his dead family. The blood and gore won't ever escape his mind. All the color of the scene shifted to a red hue that represented his growing rage. The Slayer's words cut deep as they echoed, "You don't show sympathy to a demon!" Tanjiro continuously denied those words as he mumbled "no…" in his sleep. He tossed and turned repeatedly, sweating profusely as the many deaths he had witnessed in his life played before him once more.