Chapter 9

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.

.
.

It was in the middle of the night, when the moon was at its highest and brightest, where the demons were on the hunt. Except, for this occasion, they were not the ones hunting: they were the ones being hunted. A group of demons ran through a forest as fast as they could, each of them covered in sweat from how scared they were. They looked like ordinary people but with the staple pale skin of a demon along with their sharp teeth and claws. They couldn't stop running, they were powerless to what was chasing them.

One by one, they were picked off as the demon who lagged behind fell prey to the hunter that relentlessly chased them. The predator didn't miss a beat, slaughtering them left and right as if it were mere child's play. It wasn't long before there was only one demon left. He heard the screams of his comrades behind him but they were quickly silenced as soon as they were dragged away.

The demon repeatedly cursed to himself, praying he can make it out of this alive. However, he was interrupted when something smashed his head with enough force to split it open. He stumbled to the floor as a result and waited for his regeneration to kick in so he could continue. Once he got up, he noticed a large, bloodstained rock in front of him. That must've been what struck him just now, but what dropped it? Questions for later as he needed to move, now. He scrambled to his feet but was stopped once a massive chain shot through his torso. He looked at the long piece of metal in fear as it quickly retracted. The end of the chain had a massive hook which dug into the demon's skin and yanked him backwards.

He was flung a remarkable distance before scraping against the floor in front of his pursuer. His eyes widened with fear when he saw the large figure of green armor towering over him. The hook was ripped out of the demon as the hunter pressed the demon's head against the ground and asked with a growl in his voice, "Where's Muzan?" before a large, bearded vulture descended from the trees and perched itself on the shoulder of the Hellwalker.

The demon cried out, "How should I know, huh?!" the Slayer said nothing in response. Fine, if the demon didn't want to cooperate, he'll just have to be convinced to.

The Hellwalker proceeded to rip off the skin covering the demon's chest, exposing the rib cage and all the internal workings of the demon. The bearded vulture hopped onto the Slayer's arm as he raised it, presenting it's meal as he said, "Eat." The demon wasn't mentally prepared for what he was about to experience as the vulture happily climbed on top and began to devour the demon's rib cage like a delicacy. The amount of pain the demon felt from having his bones be consumed was indescribable. Despite their regeneration: they still felt pain. This pain proved to be too overwhelming far too quickly as the demon cries out:

"Okay! Okay! Stop! I don't know where Muzan is, I swear! So please, just make it stop!" The vulture perched it's head from the insides of the demon's stomach, looking to its master who was not amused at all by what he just heard. Out of frustration, the Slayer extended his new Nichin Arm Blade and decapitated the demon without hesitation. The Slayer stood up and watched the remains of the demon disintegrate to ash. The bearded vulture tried to eat as much as it could before it's meal vanished away, making the creature feel empty inside. The warrior got back to work at wrapping his substitute meathook chain around his arm once more in preparation for their next encounter.