Chapter 4 (REMASTERED)

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.

.

.
.

Tanjiro had done it, he had succeeded in defeating the demon but it left him damaged. He had drawn power from a memory in his past, utilizing a technique his late father had mentioned to him. This technique was able to cut through the demon's head when nothing else could but it left a strain on his body. Now, he was lying on the floor, writhing in pain from all the injuries he had sustained during his encounter. His blade had been destroyed during the fight so all he was left with was a hilt he could use to drag himself towards his sister, Nezuko, who was released from her constraints. He was her big brother, he had to protect her no matter what so he couldn't afford to let fatigue get the best of him now. He desperately clawed the ground with his hilt dragging himself forward one inch at a time until his vision became blurry and his ears began ringing loudly. He was feeling the intense backlash of using his father's technique, he almost wanted to give up right there and just sleep off the pain but he couldn't stop now, not until he knew Nezuko was safe.

Tanjiro froze in fear once he smelled the ever growing stench of blood emanating from the Lower Moon he was just fighting. He was too afraid to turn around, questions were flooding his mind regarding how the demon survived his father's attack. That's when he realized that the corpse didn't burn up like the rest. It had remained lifeless despite its decapitation but the fact that it didn't burn up like the rest meant that the demon was still alive.

The body began to walk towards Tanjiro, manipulating several strings to control the removed head. The head began to taunt Tanjiro, "You thought you defeated me? Poor kid, how delusional could you be? I cut off my head with my own string so that you couldn't." Tanjiro still pressed forward, fighting through the pain to reach his sibling. "Enough. I'll kill both you and your sister. I haven't been this enraged in a long time." The Lower Moon reattached his head to his body, blood vessels emphasized from irritation. Using his demonic powers, his arms turned to a blood red color as he formed strings of the same color. He was going to enjoy carving up Tanjiro

The Demon stated his attack, Blood Demon Art: Murderous Eye Basket, as he stretched the threads tied around his fingers. A dome of sharp strings formed around Tanjiro, making the boy's heart beat rapidly. He was resisting the urge to panic and kept himself under control. However, he was at his physical limit and could barely lift his arm.

The demon prepared to close the stringed cage on Tanjiro, reducing him to minced meat until his heightened senses alerted him to a distant sound in the distance. He looked around curiously, trying to figure out if it was an animal or not. His question was soon answered as he witnessed a green giant zoom towards him so quickly he had no time to react.

The Doom Slayer slammed Inosuke's blade into the throat of the creature, effectively decapitating the demon as it's head was knocked away like a baseball. Unfortunately, Inosuke's blade also met a similar fate as the blade snapped like the other and spun away. The Slayer was immeasurably disappointed as he looked at the broken blade in his hands and angrily squeezed it to let out his frustration. However, the hilt shattered in his hand as the crumbs of the blade fell to the floor. The warrior let out a deep, exasperated sigh due to his disappointment and shook off the remaining bits that stuck to his gauntlet. So this is what he had to work with in this dimension, how pathetic.