Chapter 52

.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.

.
.

Zenitsu managed to push himself onto his feet while wincing in pain. All he could do was focus on his breathing. Zenitsu was scrambling to figure out how to fight without his sight, it just wasn't possible! He initially felt bad about asking Tanjiro for help but hearing that the boy was holding back made him feel safer but also confused as to why the boy was holding back in the first place. Tanjiro cut off Zenitsu's train of thought as he asked, "How do you plan on fighting, Zenitsu? It's not too late for me to get you some help."

Zenitsu answered, "I'm not sure… All I know is that I have to try! I can't let this opportunity slip past me!"

"You're still disoriented, Zenitsu. Just rest for a minute, I can take these guys on."

Kaigaku interrupted the conversation, catching the attention of Tanjiro and Zenitsu as the former of the two watched the demon sheath his blade and lean against a rock with his arms crossed, "No need. I want to see you commit to your promise, Zenitsu. If you still plan on fighting me without your sight, go right ahead. I don't know how you plan on doing it but if you miraculously manage to figure something out, you can consider me impressed."

Tanjiro was baffled by the demon's proposal, quickly shifting his attention towards Zenitsu to see his response to Kaigaku. Zenitsu argued, "Quit playing around…! I'm trying to kill you!"

"Oh, I know. However, if you used your ears more and actually listened to what I was saying, I said I don't hold a grudge against people who have a resolve. I don't mindlessly kill, Zenitsu. Sure, I might make a few oopsie's here and there but I generally fight in self-defense or I kill anyone who dares tell me they aren't doing anything with their lives. So, out of pure interest to see if you can fulfill your promise, I'm going to humor you for the time being."

Zenitsu chuckled before threatening, "Heh, your funeral."

"That's the spirit. Keep on stackin' up the promises, Zenitsu, it'll just give me more reason to kill you in-case you give up." Kaigaku decided to sit down, resting his hands on his head while leaning against the rock.

Tanjiro was completely lost, he couldn't get a read on Kaigaku or his intentions, but he was assured by Zenitsu, "Go on ahead, Tanjiro. I'll be fine. Thank you for your help." Tanjiro had a sour taste in his mouth for leaving his friend behind but he trusted Zenitsu. He only hoped that Zenitsu manages to figure something out or else he'll get killed.

Tanjiro looked towards Akaza who seemed visibly bored by the interaction going on in front of him. The boy called out towards the demon, "Shall we continue?"

Akaza grew irritated as he angrily pointed out, "It's funny that you insulted me for viewing life as a game, yet here you are, purposefully holding back and still wishing to fight me. What can I possibly gain from an opponent that doesn't want to take the fight seriously?"

Tanjiro furrowed his brows as he coldly responded, "Do you want me to kill you? Because that can be easily arranged."

Akaza was taken aback by the sudden shift in attitude from Tanjiro and mocked, "Ooo! There's the attitude I'm looking for! Yes, Tanjiro, I do want to die! So by all means, go all out."

"You'll have to force me!" Tanjiro exclaimed as he leapt away from the area, baiting Akaza into following him.

"With pleasure!" The demon barked as he chased after Tanjiro, prepared to receive the satisfaction he craves.