Chapter 42

.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.

.
.

Several days had passed since Tanjiro uncovered the Blue Spider Lily for Tamayo to utilize as a cure for Nezuko. As a result, she had taken them back to her new hideout after her last one was destroyed by Muzan's minions a long time ago. The hideout was obscured by an illusion that made the building blend in with the environment due to Yushiro's blood demon art. She remained hidden inside of a forest far away from the Butterfly Mansion. Tanjiro, Kanao, and Nezuko had stayed there and aided Tamayo with creating the cure. Tanjiro had already informed Zenitsu and Inosuke of the good news and requested that they come to the building to watch the moment Nezuko was cured.

Once the two boys arrived,Tanjiro left the building to guide his two friends inside. Upon entering, the two boys were greeted by the sight of the brightly lit laboratory where Tamayo was creating her cure for demons. There were various bookshelves and chemical racks carefully sorted across the room for the woman to select her resources from. It was not at all what Zenitsu and Inosuke were expecting for a hideout for a demon doctor. Zenitsu stopped paying attention to the room once he saw Nezuko and nervously waved towards her to which she excitedly waved back. This put Zenitsu at ease as he wasn't sure how their relationship would be after the girl had rejected him before. Zenitsu carefully approached the girl as he asked her, "So, Nezuko, are you excited to go back to being human…?"

Nezuko excitedly nodded in response, turning her attention to Tamayo and Yushiro who were busy crafting the cure nearby. Inosuke had his arms crossed as he was suspicious of Tamayo and asked Tanjiro, "So, you're telling me that we can trust these two demons?"

Tanjiro responded quickly, "Ofcourse. They've risked their lives for us before. I have no problem trusting them."

Yushiro overheard the conversation and looked towards Inosuke with irritation plastered on his face as he mocked, "If you have a problem with us, boar-face, the door's right there. You're free to leave any time." Inosuke felt provoked as he stomped forwards and rotated his arm in anticipation for a fight as the boy asked:

"Is that a threat, little boy? I'll slice you to bits!" Tanjiro stepped in front of Inosuke, begging him to calm down as Yushiro dismissively made a "tch" sound and returned his attention back to Tamayo.

As Tanjiro held Inosuke back, Zenitsu called out to Nezuko who was next to him and explained, "Hey, Nezuko.. I thought about what you told me before about you being a demon and I just wanted to say that it's okay. I accept you no matter what you are, demon or not. I know you're terrified of hurting other people but know that no matter what you do, I'll still cherish you for who you are, flaws included." There was a pause before Zenitsu's face became tomato red as he immediately apologized, "I mean- it's not like you have any flaws because you're perfect! I was just saying-" He stopped once he saw Nezuko reach behind her head to untie her muzzle to release her jaw.

She smiled towards Zenitsu as she told him, "Thank you, Zenitsu. I suppose I shouldn't worry anymore after this because I'm going to be cured soon. After that, would you like to go on a date afterwards?" Zenitsu froze like a statue upon hearing those words leave Nezuko's mouth. His heartbeat sped up rapidly and his entire body turned red from excitement and embarrassment. The boy jumped with joy as he responded:

"Yes! Yes, of course I'll do it! Anything for you Nezuko~!"

Tanjiro walked up to Zenitsu and nudged his elbow into the boy's arm as he teased, "Careful, Zenitsu, I'll be watching you. You better not do anything to hurt my sister, okay?"