Chapter 59

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.

.
.

.
.

Tanjiro struck his fist against the Dark Lord's torso, dealing no damage as the deity seemed unphased by the attack. The boy planted his feet on the God's body, springing off of Davoth to get back on stable ground due to there being a massive crater filled with lava below him. Tanjiro backflipped to face the Dark Lord, his feet sliding on the ground once he made contact. As he did this, Tanjiro whipped out the Super Shotgun and fired it at the Dark Lord. The pellets bounced off Davoth's body as if he was impervious to the bullets. Tanjiro followed up by firing the meathook of the Super Shotgun towards the Dark Lord in an attempt to reel him in.

However, Davoth teleported from his position, appearing right behind Tanjiro with his arms crossed. The boy managed to stop his backwards momentum by spinning around and performing a wide kick that struck against the side of the Dark Lord's neck. The kick was strong enough to partially move Davoth's head, but the God seemed unamused and, frankly, bored. Tanjiro furrowed his brow as he performed another backwards flip and extended his leg for a raising ax-kick at the last second. The boy's foot struck against Davoth's chin, pushing the deity backwards by a foot but the God maintained his stance.

Once Tanjiro landed on the floor in a crouch, he leapt towards the Dark Lord and struck the deity in the face. Davoth ate the punch, not moving an inch from his position as he kept his eyes locked on his current opponent. Tanjiro hopped backwards to gain some distance from the Dark Lord, noting the God's lack of activity as he guessed the Dark Lord was possibly measuring his strength. Tanjiro might not be able to use any of his weapons, but no one said he still couldn't use his breathing techniques!

"Sun Breathing: Sunflower Thrust!" Tanjiro dashed forward with his leg extended in front of him as he dived towards the God, foot-first. Davoth partially leaned forward because of the dive kick as he was forced several feet back because of the kick. Immediately after this, Tanjiro closed the gap as he tapped into his next breathing technique, "Sun Breathing: Dragon Sun Halo Head Dance." Wraith flames burst from the boy's fists as he began striking the Dark Lord relentlessly in a series of punches. His stream of flame-covered punches took on the form of a japanese dragon that consumed the Dark Lord.

A fearsome foe (intense symphonic metal cover) by FalKKonE

Tanjiro's attack was interrupted by Davoth who abruptly grabbed him by the throat, ceasing the boy's movements. The wraith flames dissipated, instantaneously, once Tanjiro's attack was compromised and he was lifted off the ground. Davoth mocked, "Was that supposed to hurt?" Davoth tightened his grip on the boy's throat, causing Tanjiro to wince in pain as he could do nothing but hold onto the God's arm in an attempt to break free. "Puny child, your power pales in comparison to a God. You were foolish to face me head-on, by yourself. The Slayer was brought to his knees because of my strength, so what hope do you believe you have to survive?" Davoth brought Tanjiro closer so he could look the boy in the eyes. Once he did this, Tanjiro threw two weak punches which brushed against the side of Davoth's face. The God smirked before responding, "Typical response. It seems you have yet to understand my power, boy. Allow me to show it to you."

Davoth slammed Tanjiro into the ground with enough force to make Tanjiro split the landscape he was forced through. The Dark Lord watched the terrain get destroyed for a second before vanishing to catch up to Tanjiro. The boy's body relentlessly dug through the rocky ground, splitting it open with his entry. He was eventually forced out as he continued rolling against the ground until Davoth emerged from above and, instantaneously, drove Tanjiro back under by diving towards the boy, foot-first. After lodging the boy into the rock, he dug his hands underneath, getting a firm grip on the boy's leg to yank him out. However, as soon as Tanjiro was removed from the ground, he tapped into his spiritual energy to perform his next maneuver: