Chapter 33

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.

.
.

The Marine had spent several days living amongst the prisoners of Argent D'nur underneath the protection of Lieutenant Xernex. Flynn grew familiar with their customs and environment which reminded him of an ancient civilization in Earth's history. Xernex took time out of his day to chat with the Marine. Although it was getting annoying for Flynn, he had to admit that the lieutenant was the only person he was remotely fond of so far in this new land. Everyone else was just annoying and he steered clear of the crowd. However, as the marine had preached time and time again, it was only a matter of time till THEY caught up with him as well...

"The city of Telorum is under attack! We just received a distress signal from their local militia who's currently holding back the threat. They said they need backup as soon as possible, we're the closest group!" A night sentinel informed Xernex who was shocked by the news. How could an enemy get so close to one of their cities without being detected? How powerful are they that reinforcements are needed this early in the battle?! Questions for later, they need to act now. Xernex began organizing the troops and ordering everyone to go to their battle stations. As he stormed around the complex to spread the word as much as he could and make sure no man was left behind, he could see the prisoners be escorted to the armory to retrieve their weapons. Amongst the prisoners was Flynn who begrudgingly followed the herd, annoyance plastered on his face as he didn't take kindly to being ordered.

Xernex jogged next to Flynn before telling him, "I bet you're excited for some action." Flynn turned towards the lieutenant before coldy responding with:

"Where's my stuff?"

"Oh, we confiscated it a while ago. You know, because you're a prisoner."

"I want my armor."

Xernex was baffled by the outlander's request, pointing out, "You sure you want to wear that thing? That thing looked like it was beyond repair, you sure you want to fight in that thing?"

Flynn was resolute with his response, "I want it, including my shotgun." Xernex was amazed by the man's stubbornness but tried his best to assure the marine:

"I'll see what I can do."

It took the Night Sentinels under Xernex's command less than an hour to mobilize and make way towards the city of Telorum. There, Flynn was witness to much of the Night Sentinels technology as the vehicles they rode on were vastly superior to everything the UAC had used back on Earth. The vehicles kept the same green color of Xernex's armor but were much more eloquent in design. There were many types of vehicles from catapults to more traditional tanks. However, their advanced technology allowed the vehicles to hover off the ground granting them greater mobility than the vehicles back on Earth. The best way Flynn could try to describe their technology was futuristic/medieval. The weapons they carried were very odd, some were traditional rifles that were easy to identify. You had your assault rifles and snipers that were very angular with their shapes. However, one weapon that stood out to him was a large cannon-like weapon that had an inverted arch like a bow. He recalls them referring to it as the Ballista once or twice.

Flynn was nowhere near Xernex or his group, he was mobilized with the rest of the prisoners who he had not made any connection with. They were still very alien to him and the tension was high amongst all of them. None of the prisoners liked each other, that much was obvious. There were two to three night sentinels in their transport with them to keep the prisoners in check in-case they tried to pull any stunts.