Not this time!

Themes of depression, self harm, suicide, and suicidal thoughts are to be seen.

Reader descretion is advised.

Y/n PoV

After I dragged Akali's luggage inside, I helped her settle in to the guest bedroom.

Me: "Well, that's just about everything you need to know about the house. I'm staying up till a little later so let me know if you need anything."

She nodded quietly.

Akali: "Thank you."

I smile at her.

Me: "You know, I know this is sudden but I have a proposition I want you to think about."

She looked incredibly uncomfortable for a moment.

Me: "Woah woah, I'm not a sicko alright? It's just that I got a spot open."

She frowned, but seemed less anxious.

Akali: "A spot?"

I nod with a smile.

Me: "I've got an open seat in my family, and I'd like you to take it."

Her eyes widen.

Me: "I want to make you an honorary L/n family member."

She looked around for a moment.

Akali: "Family? How can there be a spot open? We're not even blood related."

I chuckled.

Me: "Family aren't always blood related, Akali. Family are the people that look out for each other."

She looked down.

Me: "Chris, Arthur, and... Ahri were or are members of my family. I work based on familial ties."

I pointed at myself.

Me: "I can't risk the family getting in trouble for a guest, but for family? Well, I'm more than willing to make sacrifices for their safety."

I hold my bandaged hand to my chest.

Me: "You don't have to decided right now, but know that I'll always be happy to have you as my sibling."

She closed her eyes for moment.

A small sigh escapes her mouth.

Akali: "I... I don't think I'm ready to be family with anyone... I don't think I can have your back, not as I am right now."

I nodded.

Me: "You don't have to help me now, hell, I don't want you to ever have to help me. All that matters to me is that you get back on your feet."

I bow.

Me: "But, I will respect your decision."

She looked upset, but I patted her shoulder before turning around.

Me: "Don't stress out about it, Akali it'll take a lot more than a rejection to hurt my feelings."

She sat down on the bed.

Akali: "Goodnight Y/n."

Guess it was too soon.

Me: "Good night Akali, sleep well."

I walk out of the room and close the door behind me.

Some people feel too broken to be useful.

Still, I hope she changes her mind.

I look around for a moment.

I should be in bed already, but I don't think I can sleep right now.