An Omen Of Death

Phwoooooooo

The time draws close.

That all too familiar pit forms in my stomach.

A death in the family.

I tie my gloves tightly and tap them against each other.

Or maybe...

I get into my natural stance.

The death of the family.

I pull back.

Either way...

I thrust forward.

*BOOM*

I won't let them have any part of my family.

I duck down, after swerving my body in the figure-eight motion.

My body twists into a lowered position, even with my back nearly touching the ground...

*BOOM*

My uppercut smashes against the sandbag. Quickly, I shift my body higher, preparing my next swing.

*BOOM*

My left hook slams the sandbag sideways.

There it is.

*BOOM*

My right hook forces the sandbag in the opposite direction from my left.

I can finally conserve the momentum.

*BOOM*

I swung downwards from above, rattling the chain and the sandbag. I force myself to stop, and slowly back away from the sandbag.

I'm back.

My surroundings return, and I can once again see everything around me.

The old sandbag continues to shake lightly, as its momentum finally seems to die out.

The old rattling chain was one that I'd had for years, ever since the creation of my empire, the same goes for the sandbag.

These gloves as well were old and worn out.

Even though their age is visible, they still serve their purposes. It brings joy to my heart to see that, especially when I feel old and worn.

A sigh of relief exits my mouth, but now was not a time for relaxation. I could feel it, the bad omen.

This feeling of dread and hopelessness only came when a death in the family was imminent.

Now, all I could do was prepare as best I can and—

A hand waves in my face, making me jump back in surprise.

I turn to my right and see Akali, Eve, Ahri, and Kai'sa all standing there.

My face morphs into one of confusion.

"When and how did you guys get here?" I said as my face scrunches up.

Kai'sa was the first to answer.

"Arthur took us home, and took Chris out on his date." She said as she crossed her arms beneath her chest.

Another one? That little runt is growing up way too fast.

I look down at my wrist and fix my silver bracelet.

Isn't he, mom?

I shake my head and relax my body.

"As for when we got home right around the time you practiced that crazy move of yours," Eve said with a calm tone.