Carnival Fun

"I never thought I'd see the day Y/n cried," I said as I turned the keys to the car, starting the engine.

Ahri nodded her head in agreement.

"Y/n never cried back then." She said so quietly, almost to herself.

Akali said nothing, instead, she scrolled through her phone in the front seat.

Kai'sa frowned.

"He has feelings too, you know."

I got out of the car and closed the door before speaking.

"Yeah, that's all fine and dandy. But Y/n has cried not once since I've met him."

I raised a brow at the girl.

"Are you telling me you've seen him cry?" I said with curiosity.

She nodded her head.

"I have... but it took a while before he was comfortable enough to do it."

A voice cuts through.

"Because men like me only cry once they have been strong for too long."

Y/n stepped out of the house, wearing a cap and some plain clothes. In his hand, he held the food we brought for him.

I cross my arms.

"That's fair enough."

He walked forward, prompting Kai'sa to move closer to the car.

"But you are right Eve, for most of my life I haven't shed a single tear."

I take a step back to get into the passenger side. The doors click open as Ahri and Kai'sa step inside.

A look of stoicism replaces his previous emotional one from a few minutes prior.

"I regret not crying sometimes."

He chuckled weakly.

"I never wept for my mother, or my father, or even for my sisters."

He took a deep breath before opening the driver's door.

"But then again, I would rather die than be caught crying by my family."

He stepped inside without another word. The door shuts, leaving me as the only one still out.

Y/n...?

Akali PoV

Eve steps in and sat down, prompting Y/n to pull out of the driveway.

A couple of questions ruffled through my mind.

Was that the L/n roll?

Why did he look so... sick.

Why was he practicing in the first place, shouldn't he be taking it easy?

Y/n pulled out a bottle labeled with a big sticky note 'Heart Meds'.

He popped the cap and took one pill, before closing the bottle and stuffing it into his pocket.

"How was school?" Y/n asked in a chipper tone.

Ahri, being the annoying prick she is, gave a long-winded explanation of every detail about her boring ass day.

Y/n hummed along at each of her boring points.

He looked happy, which was fine enough for me to not care Ahri was the reason why.