Nightly Talk

Kai'sa cleared her throat and leaned her weight on her hip.

"We knew something like this would happen eventually."

Kai'sa crossed her arms, the look on her was plain so I was unsure if she was angry or okay.

"Yeah, you know me. I'm a man of many loves."

I squeeze Evelynn close.

A feeling of anxiety was building up inside of me, something deep down was telling me I was in trouble.

"I know you were upset with me, but I didn't expect you to go to Evelynn."

Akali frowned, but at the same time looked anxious.

"I am sorry Y/n, I never meant to hurt you."

I shook my free hand.

"It's fine, this is something separate that I've been ignoring for too long."

Slowly I release Evelynn.

"If you guys want to break up, I completely understand."

Kai'sa shook her head.

"No, we don't. But we do expect you to never, kiss another girl without passing it by us first."

Kai'sa now bore a scowl on her face, a rare sight, even for someone as frustrating as me.

I nodded my head.

"You have my word."

Akali held Kai'sas hand as she pointed to Evelynn.

"You already know the deal in place, if you want in, you're in, if you don't, then leave."

Evelynn thought about it for a moment, she glanced between Kai'sa, Akali, and me before a small almost invisible smile formed on her face.

"A tall girl with abandonment issues, a short girl with family issues, and a boy who with both."

Her smirk turned into a sincere smile.

"Sounds like fun to me."

Kai'sa looked at Evelynn dumbfounded.

"How did you?—"

"Y/n isn't the only one who can do research, my dear Kai'sa."

Her smile shifted to one of confidence.

"I do find it funny, however, you are quite the hypocrite aren't you Kai'sa?"

Kai'sa furrowed her brows.

"Excuse me?"

Evelynn raised her brow.

"Simply put, it's ironic you tell Y/n how to live a good and prosperous life when you are in happy."

Kai'sa seemed to shrink.

"Don't you think it's about time you followed your advice? Talk to some people, make new friends, surround yourself with those who care about you."

Kai'sa turned stone cold.

"I get that you're a queen bee at school, but we aren't in school. Please, mind your own business for once."

I ball up my hand and put it to my mouth.

"Damn... Personally, I wouldn't take that disrespect, but that's just me."

Akali glared at me.

I raise my hands defensively in response.

"Ah, but that's just it Kai'sa, from now on, your business IS my business."