07 touch

♦ ♦ ♦

♦ ♦ ♦

The next time I see Lily I pray that she hasn't taken our last conversation to heart, I really cannot be bothered for the silent treatment. Not that she says much to me anyway but this slow progress is killing me and I know I need to be patient but I just don't want her to hate me so soon.

By the looks of things she hates everything and I might be within that spectrum.

It's Sunday and most of the pack go and see their families, hang out with their friends and take the day off from their hard work, so the pack house is mostly quiet which I am always grateful for.

So when Lily comes downstairs just before lunch I catch her attention. She doesn't offer me a smile or she doesn't start a conversation, she just wraps herself up in her long cardigan and then avoids my gaze.

"Hey," I say as she approaches the kitchen counter. "I was thinking that maybe we could go for a run today. Just me and you, have some time to ourselves. I'm sure it's probably been a while since you last went for a run."

Her bright blue eyes look startled for a second but she clears her throat. "I don't know." Her head begins to shake.

I tilt my head and step closer. "It might do you some good to get out and get fresh air," I comment. "I know that my wolf needs a run, badly."

Lily's mouth swishes once and she folds her arms into her chest slowly. "Just us?"

"Just us."

"Okay," she says after a few moments. "For a little bit."

My hands hold up in defence. "For however long you want to."

Lily purses her lips and nods, saying nothing more so I beckon my head to the back of the house and she follows. "Let's go," I say as I walk down the back steps and out into our large garden.

We reach the trees and I walk slow enough that Lily can keep up and I'm not walking ahead. She keeps her head low but I'm sure that this will help her come out of her shell, even if it's just a little bit.

Show her that she can have freedom, that she can do what she wants, when she wants because she is not my prisoner. I will not force her to be here. Hopefully that will prove how sincere and honest I am, our relationship will never work if it's based on lies and false hopes.

As we weave through the tall trees I stop and begin to take off my clothes, Lily turns her head away immediately and moves behind a large rock. I look away because I would never want to disrespect her privacy.

That needs to come with time because I want her consent. I'd hate to make her feel uncomfortable when I'm trying to do something to help her open up.

Once my clothes are off I shift my body into my wolf, my bones crack in my ear and my mouth snaps out an aggressive grunt. Shifting doesn't hurt but it never feels less strange than the first time, the feeling of your body bending in demonic ways has a hold over you.