34 breakdown

♦ ♦ ♦

When I have an unsuccessful night with Milo, I don't sleep. I come straight home and begin to plan what I will order the pack to do first thing in the morning. Their Luna is missing, even if she's missing by choice, she belongs here. There isn't any other way around it.

She belongs here with me. By my side. Helping me rule this pack.

It's always meant to be that way.

Milo could barely look at me or speak to me. He's livid. I know they have a special bond but maybe he should try being in my shoes. The guilt and the shame tears through my heart like a fucking chainsaw until there is nothing left.

And there is no one else to blame. This house should be a safe space for her and I ripped that away like she didn't matter. But I know she matters. She matters so much to me.

I gather everyone in the kitchen at six in the morning. No one complains because they realise this is serious for the state of the pack. "Have you slept?" Fran whispers under her breath as she passes me.

"Do you think I've fucking slept?"

My words are harsh but what does she expect? The last thing I could think about is crawling into bed without my mate, the bed that still smells like her. I won't be able to keep it together if I even try to sleep in there.

I catch everyone's attention with my booming voice, I inform them what has happened and that we need to find Reign before something happens to her. Not that I want to think about that outcome.

By splitting the pack into groups, I order them in different directions. Giving each group specific places I think Reign could be. When I found her at the market and she showed me to her 'bed', that's when I realised she chose to live near the market for a reason.

It makes it easier to steal and she's always there.

But deep down I know she wouldn't want to go to a local market, or somewhere that I could locate her. She doesn't want to be here. She doesn't want to be with me anymore so she's going to make this difficult.

If she thinks that I'm just going to give up, then she's got another thing coming.

I won't stop searching. I won't stop fighting until she is back in my arms safe and sound.

After a day of searching, no luck, no leads. I feel nauseous up to my throat, like any given second I could empty my stomach's intake onto the floor. Without her my wolf is sloppy, he's depressed. It does nothing for my aching heart but I don't let this defeat me, we keep on until the pack are exhausted and it's becoming dark around us.

When I stare up at the night sky, I frown because she's out there alone.

Suddenly I'm terrified. Anything could happen to her. She's upset. Upset people can easily become vulnerable and I fear she's going to get herself into trouble or worse, hurt or killed. If she gets caught stealing by the wrong person, she could end up as a prisoner or a slave.