35 found her

♦ ♦ ♦

I don't know how but every day becomes harder than the last. Impossible even. Then the next day rolls around and it's like I've been stabbed in the chest all over again. I still haven't managed to sleep in our bed, I could barely even make it into the room without crumbling at Reign's sweet scent that still lingers.

I'm well aware that I am a complete mess. An Alpha who can't get a grip of his own emotions, who can't do anything without wanting to rip the ceiling down from the deep frustration of what I've caused.

Reign still hasn't answered any of my mindlinks. No one has managed to locate her either. It's been almost a month and yet nothing. It's like she's dropped off the face of the earth, never to be seen again. That thought invades my body with poison.

She's still here, I know she is. My wolf can feel her presence despite the fact she's not answering me. If something bad happened to her. Fuck. If something bad happened to her, my wolf would know. He'd be the first to react.

Every member of our pack and a few from Kassian and Cleo's have helped to find Reign. Although nothing has come of it, I'm grateful for their help even if I don't show it. I fucked up, I don't like mentioning it every second so I'm pleased for their choice to help even if I brought this upon myself.

After another day of searching and no leads, I find myself headed back to my office with heavy shoulders and narrowed eyes. Every second that passes, I find myself growing more and more hatred for my actions.

Fire burns in my stomach as I shut myself away. I turn to stare at the wall and then my desk and then the ceiling and all over again. My whole body begins to vibrate and my fists clench tightly together. A low growl erupts from the base of my lungs and suddenly I swing, first my fist flies into the wall and then the desk, cracking the wood.

My foot plunges straight through the leather of one of my chairs, pushing down a lamp and tearing the paintings from the walls. The sounds of it crashing to the floor echoes in my ears but it's not as loud as the blood that thunders through me from my bubbling anger.

I can't stop. My knuckles hurt but that doesn't stop me. Anything I see, I want to destroy.

This hole in my heart is only becoming bigger and I'm only becoming less hopeful. Days are longer, seconds feel like years. The fear of never seeing her again is becoming hard and fast through my veins, I don't want to admit it but the more I think about it, the more I panic.

She could be miles from here by now. I might never be able to trace her again.

The more I think about it, the angrier I get. She just left. Without saying a word. I fucking wish she yelled at me at the top of her lungs and made me beg for forgiveness instead of leaving without saying anything.

It bubbles inside me. She left like nothing. Like everything we went through was nothing.

I don't even hear the door to my office open until someone has their arms wrapped around me, restraining me from causing more damage. "Everett," Milo's voice filters through the room. "Stop. Stop this."